Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Test Track Question in the Ask The Experts forums; I was in EPCOT on Sunday and before going on the attraction, I noticed up and to the left (under the speed ramp) was a digital number that changed after ...
    disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!

Test Track Question

I was in EPCOT on Sunday and before going on the attraction, I noticed up and to the left (under the speed ramp) was a digital number that changed after each car passed on the track. Everyone in my party watched as the number changed with each passing car. The numbers ranged from 22-38 (Don't know if this helps, just what I remember). Does anyone have any clue what this is for?? Also, I never noticed how much that ramp shakes as the cars fly by Kinda creepy! Thanks in advance everyone!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I don't know about the numbers (maybe they are of the car that went by?), but I do know that ramp is designed to shake like that. We were told about it on the UnDiscovered Future World tour.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Very interesting... I myself have never noticed the numbers. I have noticed that the ramp shook, but did not know that it was meant to be that way. What a cute little addition
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

vmkplayer is offline <3 ragdollaye
    maybe it is like a speed thing so they can avarege everyones speed at the end of the day and make a fair speed limit...but that is just my guess
    Kingdom Keepers forever!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm leaning toward car #s of some sort but it could be nearly anything. Could be the angle of the track at the exact moment the car passed to be sure it's not under stress. Could be the average weight of every person in the car minus the first number. Could be the number of people looking up and thinking "is the track supposed to shake like that"? Could be the number of times the person running the attraction fell asleep at the controls. Maybe the average amount of times someone blinks when they pass that exact point. Could even be the beginnings of a "now serving # XX" sign for a future meat counter to be placed in the queue.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    Wow Jen, aren't you just a creative thought processor?? I love your ideas! I can tell you the numbers appeared in a sequence of 4 starting with 22. An example of the numbers I saw would be the following: 22, 31, 33, 38. (Those are NOT exact, although I should've wrote them down somewhere. That is the range the numbers were in, although I may have seen 44, that is the highest number I remember seeing). I'm really curious to know what this is.. Lou??? Jackie O REALLYYY wants to know! I am imagining this is not the car number, because I only saw 4 numbers and there were more than 4 cars on the track at the time. Sigh, I suppose I'll keep waiting till someone who knows shows up!
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I know this thread is about a year old but I was thinking about this today and remembered the thread from way back when and went searching for it. Did anyone ever figure this out??
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyvixen View Post
    I was in EPCOT on Sunday and before going on the attraction, I noticed up and to the left (under the speed ramp) was a digital number that changed after each car passed on the track. Everyone in my party watched as the number changed with each passing car. The numbers ranged from 22-38 (Don't know if this helps, just what I remember). Does anyone have any clue what this is for?? Also, I never noticed how much that ramp shakes as the cars fly by Kinda creepy! Thanks in advance everyone!
    Bridges *have* to shake. If they didn't, if they're too rigid, they will collapse. They have to be built specifically with some give to them, that's pure physics. Next time you're driving along and traffic in your late comes to a stop on a bridge while the opposing lane is still moving, you'll feel it. The whole bridge vibrates. That's a good thing. It's when it *doesn't* vibrate that you should be concerned. :-)

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    This is the first time I heard of this.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's the vehicle number for the car that just passed overhead. In an interesting side note, you should never see a 17 come up.... but I'm not going to get into that.