Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss When's the best time to visit WDW? in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm new to the site, and I've looked through many of the forums for an answer to when is the best time to visit WDW if I want to avoid ...
    Masera is offline A-Ticket holder

When's the best time to visit WDW?

I'm new to the site, and I've looked through many of the forums for an answer to when is the best time to visit WDW if I want to avoid crowds. If there is a thread that already addresses this topic, I apologize but I couldn't find it.

I have young children, so school schedules are not an issue. I remember visiting in October '93 with my wife, and the crowds were less than my summer visits, but still bad.

Is there a source for attendance records?

Thanks in advance for any help with this topic.

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    I went Sept. 27 through Oct. 4 of this year for our honeymoon and crowds were not bad at all.
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    The weeks after thanksgiving to the week before christmas are quieter plus the holiday decorations are up

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    touringplans.com offers a crowd calendar I like the first week of december

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    My favorite time to go has always been October but March is great too. Kids are in school so the park isn't insanely busy and the weather is just perfect (warm days but not HOT as is typical here in FL and cool nights). The only downfall to these two months is because they aren't the busiest time for WDW, attractions that are seasonal tend not to be open 100% of the time.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My wife and I went in early May (10th - 21st) and we were able to walk on to all the attractions at MK the first night. We arrived on a Monday afternoon and were in the park by 4:30. We finished everything that we wanted to see that same night. The rest of the parks were about the same way. Look for the Official Guide for WDW and they can tell you when the crowds are the worst. Good luck to you!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    We arrived on a Monday afternoon and were in the park by 4:30. We finished everything that we wanted to see that same night. The rest of the parks were about the same way.
    Ahh good point! Something not mentioned before is if you really want to avoid crowds, go Monday-Thursday.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    An rule I live by is when the kids are in school go when they are out such as hoildays and such avoid like the plague.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    My wife and I have gone in October and February and they were both less crowded times and the weather was a bit cooler.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    My favorite time to go has always been January. There are no crowds and our house is covered in 20 feet of snow (okay, maybe not 20---18 might be more like it). However, January is during tax season. If I go early January I don't miss much at home (except that 24 feet of snow I mentioned earlier). October and November are my second favorite times to go. I have never been in December, but would love to go some day. Won't be this year and won't be next year. Year after next is looking good.
    They call me "Nana"

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I love to go during the week in early May. The weather is beautiful (you don't get the four o'clock rain like you do in June or July), the crowds are small (my husband and I went on all the major attractions at MK in under two hours) and you get to see the flower and garden festival at EPCOT!

Our very first visit was over the 4th of July (my inlaws planned it, not me!) and holy moly was it insane. I mean CRAZY.

I'd like to go for my birthday in the next few years... I share a birthday with Walt... do they do anything special for that?

KUNGALOOSH!!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Personally if school isn't an issue, I would vote as Feb. being the best time with young ones. The parks are not crowded at all. Yes they close earlier, but that just means you can have a fuller day and still get the young ones to bed earlier. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    The two slowest months at WDW are September after Labor Day and January after te New Year's holiday. The weather is pretty much guaranteed to be hot and humid still in September, but the hours are longer than January, because it gets dark later. You take your chances with the weather in January; it pretty well runs the whole gamut, but it should be cooler than in September. Depending on where you're from, it can be too cold in January to swim comfortably. Weekdays are better than weekends, no matter which month you choose. Another disadvantage of these two months is that Disney usually chooses these two time periods to shut down attractions for repair and updates.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Our last 2 trips were in May. This year we went for Mothers day. Crowds were not bad at all. Weather was great. We are going again next May, second week. We do take the kids out of school for it. June through August, I think, may be too hot.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

tomwdwrach is offline A-Ticket holder
    I went from September 2nd to September 16th and I found the crowds to be next to nothing and the longest wait must of been 10mins if that for space mountain.I highly recommend this time of the year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast