Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Which resort? Please help! in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi Trying to book our honeymoon for next august. Have been to Florida 7 times - stayed off property 5 times, then went to All Star Movies and loved it. ...
    tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

Which resort? Please help!

Hi
    Trying to book our honeymoon for next august. Have been to Florida 7 times - stayed off property 5 times, then went to All Star Movies and loved it. Last year stayed at Coronado Springs and thought it was fantastic. Would like to go back there but our travel operator can not get us in for the time we want to go .
    They have offered us a good deal for Carribean Beach, which looks good, or Port Orleans, which looks a bit too spread out.

As it is our honeymoon, I don't want to feel that we have gone for second best, so I thought I'd ask for your opinions on these resorts. Basically our choices are to either accept the deal for CB or PO, or try to get a deal for CS with a different company. Or we could try to get somewhere else but I really want to stay on property and we can't afford a deluxe resort!

Any thoughts/advice/comments?

Thanks
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Caribbean Beach is beautiful, but spread out. As the first moderate, the rooms are a little larger than at any of the others. It is very popular with families.

Port Orleans: French Quarter is smaller, quiet, and beautiful. Port Orleans: Riverside can have long walks from the farther Alligator Bayou buildings, but it's not bad at all from the Magnolia Bend sections. Riverside has a sit-down restaurant and a food court, while FQ has just the food court. The resorts are in walking distance of each other, and you can pool hop between them. They also have a lovely carriage ride available, and the boat to Downtown Disney.

For a honeymoon, I would recommend either FQ or Riverside's Magnolia Bend. Both are similar in the room design, and feel more luxurious than you would expect in a moderate. If you can, spring for the King bed room.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would totally recommend the PO Riverside....it is so pretty to wander around the grounds and I loved it!

If you enjoyed Coronado Springs I think that PO Riverside is more resort like than CS. The company that I work for has our annual meeting at CS and I feel it is more business driven and soooo spread out. We stayed at PO for a wedding and we loved it! We rented boats one day and played around, you can take a boat ride to DTD and the onsite restuarants are awesome!

Good Luck!

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    For a honeymoon I would go for PO French Quarter. All the ambience of the real place without all the negatives.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Vegitabeta is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If anything, the CB is spread out. We love Port Orleans, especially the French Quarter!
    "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." It has such a lovely ring to it...-Captain Jack Sparrow
    Disneyland Resort Paris trip report and photos: Here

MousePad and Magical Mountain Member

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I loved Port Orleans Riverside- very quiet and romantic.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We have always stayed at the PO FQ. We had a room kinda far back one time and there was a very cool CM that would give us rides on his golf cart every morning. We never asked, he just said to "hop on!" The food court is good too.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Thanks for the advice. We have now booked for 14 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter in August. Vey excited!!!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hope you have an awesome time. I cannot wait until my WDW honeymoon! I cannot imagine how excited you must be.
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!