Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Annual Passes in the Ask The Experts forums; What do the annual passes look like? do they have your picture on them or what? i bought mine but i havent reedemed them yet. Thanks for the help...
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Annual Passes

What do the annual passes look like? do they have your picture on them or what?
    i bought mine but i havent reedemed them yet. Thanks for the help

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    I've only seen 3 different kinds, but I'll post this picture of mine

Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

oh so it doesnt have any personal information?! and i hope its not paper like material =/

disneyvixen is offline The Harasser of Podcasters!!
    I can't think of the word for the type of thin cardboard it is made out of, but it is a paper material, all the personal info is on the back, which is why I only showed the front
    Jackie O.
    Next WDW Trip: Sometime in May, I think my AP is already paid for itself

"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." -Walt Disney

Love Disney news/Trip Reports? Join me at WDW According to Jackie O.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I haven't seen a AP like that. Mine's an EE one and DH has Cinerellebration. It's called mylar paper.

There's pictures of the ones I am talking about on allearsnet.com: http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    When I got mine (January of this year), all of the APs seemed to feature one of the latest, greatest attractions brought about for the Happiest Celebration on Earth. Mine was Soarin' (see picture below), and my roommate had a Lights, Motors, Action one if I remember correctly. I've also seen Cinderellabration, and I've heard of people getting Expedition Everest (but have yet to see one). I can't recall seeing any others this year anyway.

I have noticed on my last couple trips that some people's passes have had new designs on them, but I haven't paid close enough attention to recall what they were of off the top of my head like this. I assume Jackie's to be one of the new ones.

Oh, and I was also a Seasonal Passholder last year (2005), and the recurring theme for the passes then seemed to be characters. My roommate had Mickey (lucky!) while I had Donald Duck (which was in a way kind of ironic, because Donald and I have the same first name, so it was kinda like having my name on both sides of the pass!).

^^This is what my 2006 AP looks like. I was going to scan a pic of my 2005 SP too, but for some reason all I can find is the empty sleave. Hmph...
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 11-18-2006 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Added pic
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Speaking of names on APs, I just noticed that my DH's has his middle name on the front instead of his first name. Mine's ok, but has that happened to anyone else before? If any of our names would have gotten messed up, I would have thought it would have been mine since I have 4 legal names on my driver's license to DH's 3.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

thank you all, i guess ill find out for sure in 6 days

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    they look like the current ticket styles, which are really cute for the YoaMD, so I'm thinking I may forget to take my pass with me, so I can get a new design.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We renewed ours last month when we were there. They are paper and my husband asked about that. They said they have considered making them plastic but if guests lost them then they would have to pay to replace them and they don't charge them now since they are paper.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    We renewed ours last month when we were there. They are paper and my husband asked about that. They said they have considered making them plastic but if guests lost them then they would have to pay to replace them and they don't charge them now since they are paper.
    If that was the case, I'd gladly pay for a replacement plastic one (the odds of me losing it are slim, considering how often I use it). But with the amount of times I use it in a year, the paper ones get incredibly beat up. I've used mine for park admission 17 times already this semester alone, not to mention getting it in and out for various things back here like logging in to WDW passholder page or for presenting it to the parking folks for my free parking, etc. That paper gets pretty darn worn out, both the pass and it's paper sleave! I really wish it was plastic!

I'd heard that the actual reason for the passes being paper was because you either buy or pick up your APs at the parks, and the parks only print the paper tickets. If you are going on a week long vacation and go check in at your resort and pick up your Magic Your Way tickets there, they are a plastic card because they not only serve as your park admission, but also your room key, charge card, and more. They literally are your "Key to the Kingdom." I've heard that's the reason why you often find MYW passes to be plastic while the longer-term annual passes tend to be paper. I don't know if that's the actual reason or not, but it makes sense to me anyway.
    -Don-

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Paper or plastic? I would prefer plastic!!! I wish Disney would make the APs like the vouchers, except for the yuck green color.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

So if you lose it they will redeem it?!

I thought there was a fee for replacing lost APs, but I could be wrong. If what Winnie is saying is correct, then maybe you don't get charged to replace the paper ones. I'm really not sure... never lost mine.
    -Don-

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    You don't get charged to replace paper ones. My AP got demagnetized after I first got it, and the only price I had to pay was dealing with the CM at guest relations throwing a hissy fit and rolling his eyes at the fact that I had forgotten my license to replace that AP.
    Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast