Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
People make a big deal over the g's on this ride. Most would be suprised to know that g-force you experience on the launch of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster over at MGM is twice as aggressive as what you feel during Mission Space. The difference is that the exposure to the forces on launch at R'n'RC is short lived, while in Mission Space you are exposed to them for several seconds at a time, giving you more time to think feel it and think about it I guess.

Honestly, I can handle just about any coaster or thrill ride thrown at me now. I used to scream and carry on like a baby over anything with a drop larger than the one on Pirates of the Caribbean, but ever since I got over that, no speed is too fast, no drop is too far, and no loop is too intense. HOWEVER, I cannot do Tea Cups or anything similar to that, or else risk becoming VIOLENTLY, VIOLENTLY ill very quickly. So needless to say, I was a little aprehensive about trying Mission Space my first time too. But I'm the type to try everything once, and so I went, and I'm very glad I did.

For some reason, despite my non-existent ability to hold my stomach on spinning rides, Mission Space has almost no effect on me whatsoever. I believe that this is most likely because of the fact that you are inside an enclosed capsule with no windows, so you don't see the world spinning around and around outside of you. You sense it a bit, but Disney does such a good job of synching the g's up with the movie and the other simulation effects (the bouncing, tipping, jostling, etc.), that you can really be convinced that the g's you are feeling are being created by your rapid forward acceleration, rather than an artificially created centrifugal force.

In my opinion, as long as you keep your head back against the head rest and avoid any sudden, unnecessary head movements (even the few tasks they give you to do can be done using your peripheral vision and require almost no head movement), and just look out your "window" (the screen in front of you), you can very easily forget that you are actually spinning. I don't get sick on this ride. I never have. But I know that if I ever went back on the tea cups again I certainly wouldn't be making any best friends with CMs that day, I assure you. But for some reason, a number of people do tend to be bothered by this ride.

I suggest you try it and decide for yourself, assuming you don't have any known conditions that could be aggravated by the ride, or that you are not prone to motion sickness or claustrophobia (the capsules are quite cramped once the instrument panel comes down). If you're cool with it medically, try it. Then you can tell us whether or not you thought it was over-hyped media hysteria, or truley over-the-top intense.
thank you all alot, this one helped me alot tho, thank you main street, i was hoping it was as intense as mission space, so that is perfectly fine =D, i cant wait now, i just wanted to know if it would make me sick the rest of the day, but it wont, because me and my brother always try our best to spin the fastest on the tea cups, but thanks to all of you