Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Lanyards?????? in the Ask The Experts forums; This might be one of the weirdest questions you guys will get to answer Ive just bought a small camcorder ready for our upcoming trip to the world in Feb ...
    paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder

Lanyards??????

This might be one of the weirdest questions you guys will get to answer Ive just bought a small camcorder ready for our upcoming trip to the world in Feb I have 2 small boys 8 and 6 and always encourage them to take photos and film anything they want on out hols, But the new camera dosnt have a neck strap! i was just about to order one from a shop on E-bay when my wife suggests getting a Disney one like she has seen you guys with,"you know the one s with the nice badges on" ??? After explaning about lanyards and pin trading to her (we are English and have only been to WDW 1/2 dozen times) I thought great Idea anything that will help the boys wear it round there neck cant be a bad thing But would it strong enought to carry the weight of a camera or does any one know where to buy a proper disney camera strap (does such i thing exist?)
    Sorry for my ignorance but Ive never really looked at them that hard, There is always so much other stuff to look at round the world
    Thanks in advance Paul

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I'm not sure Disney sells a 'proper' camera strap currently, but if they did they would certainly be in the camera shops at WDW. You might email wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com and ask them if and where they might be sold.

As for the DWT lanyards, they are pretty durable but they have a single plastic hook. I usually have a wallet attached to mine with no problems, and have had a Pal Mickey on it, but nothing as heavy or breakable as a camera. Of course, those bright yellow DWT lanyards are they perfect accessory to whatever you are wearing....

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    There is a real camera strap out there. Though I am not sure where to get it. And I have seen it at stores in WDW. It has Mickey on the strap and is decent. And it also depends on what kind of camera...is it a video camera? And if its a video camera, I hope its not a VCR...I would go with a normal camera strap which ever it is, and be safe. But like Pat said, the yellow lanyards always look great for wearing! LOL!

paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for that. It is a small digital camcorder (it is very light) I guessed they might not be strong enough for a camera, But I would never have thought of the photo shop at Disney!!! Will make that my 1st stop at MK next Feb,
    cheers Paul

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    They definitely have the camera strap at the Film store on Mainstreet USA. I've also seen it in other merchandise locations throughout the park. Each park normally has some sort of Film Store, so no matter what park you go to first, you should be able to find it!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives