Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What non disney park do you like best?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss What Non - Disney park do you like best? in the Vacation Planning forums; Just doesn't seem right going to another park....
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Just doesn't seem right going to another park.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've never went to Disney that we didn't also go to Sea World. I have never been to any of the other parks listed so I voted for Sea World.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Of your options listed, I'd vote for IOA, I love roller coasters and the Hulk is up there on my top 10 for coasters I've ridden. However, after a 1/2 day at IOA and the other 1/2 at Universal, I don't care when - if ever I get back. I was really turned off when I could see the outside of the park from the lift hill of one of the dragon coasters, not to mention the garbage dumpsters. And there was gum and other "splotches" stuck to the ground everywhere - and -gasp - spilled popcorn in one of the queue lines! No magic to speak of, I knew I was still in Kansas Toto- okay, Florida, but you get the picture.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    what are these "non-disney" parks of which you speak of?

I have been to Universal 2 time and hated it both times, been to IoA 1 time and hated it cause of the coster, been to sea world 2 time hated it cause I dont care about sea animals, and been to Busch Gardens a few times and hated it cause of there costers...

so that just leaves Disney. I dont like any other park in all of Florida (never been to out of Fl parks)(never been out of FL besides NY and Colorado)
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    what are these "non-disney" parks of which you speak of?

I have been to Universal 2 time and hated it both times, been to IoA 1 time and hated it cause of the coster, been to sea world 2 time hated it cause I dont care about sea animals, and been to Busch Gardens a few times and hated it cause of there costers...

so that just leaves Disney. I dont like any other park in all of Florida (never been to out of Fl parks)(never been out of FL besides NY and Colorado)
    Lemme get this straight, you hate an entire theme park because you see it has a coaster in it? Have you even stopped to check out the rest of the park and what it has to offer? Did you know that all those parks have something for everyone, including those that don't like coasters? Yeah, it might not be that well known or the most popular thing ever in the park, but they are there, and they are quite enjoyable. Have you ever stopped by Jurassic Park's Camp Jurassic play area? Even though it's a kid's play area, it's still a neat area to go explore no matter how old you are and really take in the whole JP theming. There's also an entire island dedicated to kid friendly rides and attractions, and it's all based off the works of Dr. Seuss. There are other attractions and stuff to see that you can enjoy without having to strap onto a coaster, so don't say you hate an entire theme park without giving the entire theme park a chance.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    I had to do the entire IoA park cause we went for my cousin's b-day and we did everything she wanted to do. at U.S I went with school in groups so I had to do everything my group wanted to do. Sea World we went for my brother one year and did whatever he wanted to do. and Busch Gardens I go with my dad/stepmom/and grandparents so I had to do everything they wanted to do.
    so I have done the entire parks for all those parks.

the ONLY place where I have a say in what we do is when we go to WDW.
    not even at home do I have a say in anything.

so I do the entire park of every park when we go. and still dont like it.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Donald_Goofy is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's a tough choice between Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure because they are both amazing!

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am big zoo guy, so I'll take Sea World
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

DolphinDiva84 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Off of this list, SeaWorld. I also think Discovery Cove should be added to the list. I went for the first time earlier this month because I am working with the park and had a blast! It is so different from any other park I have been to. I loved the aviary and the dolphin swim, I learned so much and it was so cool to really interact with the animals! Has anyone else been lately?

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: What Non - Disney park do you like best?

One of my favorite non-Disney parks was not listed on the poll,so I didn't do the poll.I do like all of the other parks listed,but I chose not to vote.However,if this park I am about to mention would have been on the poll,I would have voted for............Dollywood,in Pigeon Forge Tenn.
    If yall have not been to Dollywood,yall don't know what yall are missing.I won't even try to describe it.Let's put it this way;even if it's your first time there,it feels like home.For those that read this, that has been to Dollywood,yall know what I am talking about.Yes I said YALL several times! Yes I'm from the south,yes I'm from somewhere just a little north of Disney,yeah I'm a southern boy!Born and raised!Here in my state,we had a peanut farmer for our president back in the 70's.So there.Can yall guess where I'm from?Right! About 200 miles south of Dollywood!
    Park Hopper Dad!

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

like sea world xt to disneyne
    J&J

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

I would pick Islands, but the others are all fun and offer different options. However, I felt like I was cheating on a great love when I went to the Universal parks. At least you can do both in one day, and get back to the Magic.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Don't cha just love goofy nuts like me?Read my previous post!Just above.
    Park Hopper Dad!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Has to be IofA.... And it will be even more when the Potter Land is open!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think Universal is pretty good, but the only reason we travel to Florida is to go to WDW. We end up going to other parks because we figure that we might as well go while we're out there. I am looking forward to seeing what happens at IOA with the Harry Potter stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast