Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What non disney park do you like best?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss What Non - Disney park do you like best? in the Vacation Planning forums; Personally, I really like IOA look at my avatar for goodness sake They have great rides and great themeing and of course they have the best ride in the history ...

What Non - Disney park do you like best?

Personally, I really like IOA look at my avatar for goodness sake They have great rides and great themeing and of course they have the best ride in the history of eternity: Spiderman!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    we're such disney snobs we can't even vote for one of those 'other' parks!
    i mean, really, why bother?

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    What other parks?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

threeleggeddog is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You don't have discovery cove, and that for me is like the ultimate.....I mean c'mon swimming with the dolphinsand not worrying about sharks how cool is that? The only other time I swam with dolphins I was diving and some sharks showed up before the dolphin and I don't like sharks, they have these big teeth and all but they are afraid of the dolphins so when they showed up all was cool. The only things that scare me more than sharks is barracuda's seriously scary fish, when we were in the keys my dive instructor took a shiny, sharp knife and put it on a rope then dangled it near some barracuda, every time the sun flashed off the knife the barracuda hit it with those powerful razor sharp teeth, it was like it felt no pain, it hit it til the bllod attracted some sharks and the barracuda became a meal. needless to say we moved to a different reef to dive. He was making a point to this dumb blond who did not want to remove her nice big diamond, she changed her mind.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    You forgot to put a "none" option! lol
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    What's a Non-Disney park?

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    I have been to disney all my life and I went to universal studios once. It was pretty fun. The mummy ride was totally awesome! I probably rode that 4 or more times. I refused to ride any of the upside down roller coasters just because they looked too scary. The twister attraction was totally lame, you could see the strings the cow was hanging on. The earthquake ride I was scared on and I kept my eyes closed through the whole thing. The Jurassic park water ride was awesome!! and so was the ride that is similar to splash mountain (not sure of the name) The spider man 3D thing also scared me so I kept my eyes closed through that. The shrek 3D thing was ok, not as good as the 3D shows in disney world. Their food system is seriously messed up though. The restraunts in the parks close before the parks close so you are forced to go to the shopping center in the middle of the two parks to eat and there is a long wait for every restaraunt. The awesome thing about Universal is that if you stay in one of their hotels then you can literally get to the front of most of the attractions with like a 5 minute wait. Fast pass is nice but you have to wait to get another one, and come back at the posted time. With this system you can use it whenever you want with little or no wait. I did enjoy universal studios a lot and would consider going back there but ultimately disney world is my theme park home and I like it better. Disney pays attention to little details which makes it special and Universal just isn't magical like disney is.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Hakuna Matata~ View Post
    I have been to disney all my life and I went to universal studios once. It was pretty fun. The mummy ride was totally awesome! I probably rode that 4 or more times. I refused to ride any of the upside down roller coasters just because they looked too scary. The twister attraction was totally lame, you could see the strings the cow was hanging on. The earthquake ride I was scared on and I kept my eyes closed through the whole thing. The Jurassic park water ride was awesome!! and so was the ride that is similar to splash mountain (not sure of the name) The spider man 3D thing also scared me so I kept my eyes closed through that. The shrek 3D thing was ok, not as good as the 3D shows in disney world. Their food system is seriously messed up though. The restraunts in the parks close before the parks close so you are forced to go to the shopping center in the middle of the two parks to eat and there is a long wait for every restaraunt. The awesome thing about Universal is that if you stay in one of their hotels then you can literally get to the front of most of the attractions with like a 5 minute wait. Fast pass is nice but you have to wait to get another one, and come back at the posted time. With this system you can use it whenever you want with little or no wait. I did enjoy universal studios a lot and would consider going back there but ultimately disney world is my theme park home and I like it better. Disney pays attention to little details which makes it special and Universal just isn't magical like disney is.
    I agree with you completely! IM THROUGH BEING A DISNEY NAZI!!! I'd rather be a Disney Hitler! jk BTW... you see the line split up ahead...Ice or Fire Dragon? ICE DRAGON!!
    RYAN

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    sea world and discovery cove are the best non-disney park ever. I think it is because they have a sense of "disney style"
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    I agree with you completely! IM THROUGH BEING A DISNEY NAZI!!! I'd rather be a Disney Hitler! jk BTW... you see the line split up ahead...Ice or Fire Dragon? ICE DRAGON!!
    GO FIRE!!!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    i never did either of the dueling dragon roller coasters
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    I like Busch Gardens, and we usually manage one day there.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    My favorite non-Disney park isn't in the state of FL. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA is a beautiful, clean, and well rounded park that I love visiting. In the past, we've been pass holders here and miss going....sigh...one day we'll be back...hopefully this year.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    My favorite non-Disney park isn't in the state of FL. Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA is a beautiful, clean, and well rounded park that I love visiting. In the past, we've been pass holders here and miss going....sigh...one day we'll be back...hopefully this year.
    same here. I love the Williamsburg park. I've always wondered if I like it more than Tampa just b/c it is "European" and thus more culturally familiar than the "African" park.

any way I look at it, I like the Virginia BG way more than Universal or the Tampa BG.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Great coasters, too. "Apollo's Chariot" is one of my absolute faves anywhere.

Heh, may help explain a few things, but mom once confided that she rode "The Loch Ness Monster" multiple times while she was carrying me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast