Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss Kennedy Space Center in the Vacation Planning forums; During our trip to WDW we are planning a day trip to Kennedy Space Center. ( IF my husband is doing 7 days of Disney I guess I owe him ...
    capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder

Kennedy Space Center

During our trip to WDW we are planning a day trip to Kennedy Space Center. ( IF my husband is doing 7 days of Disney I guess I owe him one day to be a geek!!!) Has anyone ever done the Up Close Tour or Lunch with an Astronaut? If so can you do them both in one day?

Thanks!!!!!!
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse

i just got back there! the up close tour takes pretty much a whole day but you MIGHT still have time for the lunch
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    i would really plan a full day for KSC Vistor Complex. I work for NASA and have done the KSC tours many times prior to getting my job, and honeslty it is an all day affair, keep in mind the drive from WDW to KSC is a little over an hour.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I haven't been there since 1991.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We went in 05 after we left Disney and stayed in the area for three days. Two of the days where spent in KSC. We loved it and did the bus tour around the Center.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Did the up close tour a few years ago and it was excellent
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Bonnet is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Kennedy Space Center is an attractiont that I think everyone should see at least on one of their trips to the area. I found it very educational and fascinating.

LordofStitch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I heard a rumor that they had a trip to the Kennedy Space Center for the WDW CP students, and if I go in August, I hope they do it then, I am a huge fan, and I have a great friend in Houston, who works at the Johnson (sp?) Center, and she said it is well worth it. And well, if you didn't know, the GREATEST RIDE, in my opinion of course, is at Epcot. 13 times consecutively on Mission Space: Orange, YEAH!!!!! GO NASA collaboration!!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    We went in November and there is no way you can do the Close Up Tour AND Lunch with an Astronaut on the same day. It took us ALL day just to see the things we wanted to see and do. On a side note, we LOVED it and will definitely do it again.
    They call me "Nana"

capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder
    We ended up doing both the up close and Lunch with an Astronaut. It was rushed toward the end and we were not able to see the International Space Station stop but it was awsome.
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Glad you guys got to see everything, when you say the ISS i'm guessing you're talking about the ISS manufacturing building, which is awesome, but still sounds like you guys had a great time.

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Jeez. I'm in the 7th grade and I'm gonna go to the Kennedy Space Center in April and I'm not too excited about it. I have no idea what is there and what to do there. So when I go is there any helpful person who could tell me whats there to see and do?

There where other alturitives but no the teachers pick where we go and they chose this place. I could've gone to Seaworld. I've never been there.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We are tentatively planning to go there for about half a day (I'd plan longer but I know with 2 small children that maybe pushing our luck). Last time we went to FL we didn't have time to go KSC and the first time I went to Disney it was closed because of the investigation of the Challenger accident (did I just date myself there?). I remember watching it on TV the day it happened.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Omg. I went to KSC and no offence but... it was terrible. Really bad. Sure they have a rocket pad and interesting history, a space shuttle launch experiance thingy, a 2 hour drive, and an imax theater but it did make me want to fall asleep. I mean Walt Disney World has like the same things but the rocket pad, the imax theater, and the 2 hour drive.

In other words I think I'll just stick to Walt Disney World and Busch Gardens, mind you.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sorry you didn't like it. I've always been intrigued by space and find it very interesting.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast