Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss Aquatica in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone visited this new waterpark? Looks pretty cool waterslides passing through all different types of sealife and things along those lines. Was scheduled to open this month has it ...
    RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Aquatica

Has anyone visited this new waterpark? Looks pretty cool waterslides passing through all different types of sealife and things along those lines. Was scheduled to open this month has it done yet?

Ruddy

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I don't know if it is open yet, but I have seen the advertisements for it and it looks awesome. We're hoping to go on our next vacation.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

M0Diz is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really wanna go on the flumes and the lazy river that fly past whales and other sea mammals

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    I was at seaworld today and saw people on the slides. it was practically empty though.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Thanks DD looks pretty good, think I will visit there in November.

Ruddy

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I can't wait to hear the reviews! I mentioned it to DH and he likes the idea of going. Is it expensive for a day pass? We're also going to be swimming with dolphins at Discovery cove. If you've been to either place, please let me know... I'd love to hear all about it and if it was worth the money. Thanks.

Been swimming with the dolphins at Discovery Cove worth every penny.

Ruddy

DolphinDiva84 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi all - I am currently doing work with Aquatica and I am here as a resource for your questions and concerns about the park. As far as the parks opening, it opens in the beginning of April. There was a soft opening in march, for which disneydame2004 mentioned. A bunch of bloggers and media will be visiting the park in April, so there is sure to be more information and reviews about the park in the near future available online. In the meanwhile, here is a list of rides that might interest some of you:

DOLPHIN PLUNGE:
    Dolphin Plunge takes riders down 250 feet of clear tubes, underwater, and through Aquatica’s beautiful Commerson’s dolphin habitat. Guests who prefer to see these stunning black-and-white marine mammals without taking the plunge may sneak a peek at Dolphin Lookout. Riders must be at least 48 inches tall (1.22m).

BIG SURF SHORES & CUTBACK COVE
    Guests can catch a wave in the world’s only side-by-side wave pools capable of operating together or independently. Cutback Cove produces crashing waves with 5-foot swells while Big Surf Shores creates gently-rolling surf.

ROA’S RAPIDS:
    This adventure river zips guests through 1,500 feet of rapids, past geysers and through waterfalls at a speed three to four times faster than a typical waterpark river.

LOGGERHEAD LANE:
    For a slower pace, this lazy river floats guests through a spectacular underwater view of the Commerson’s dolphins, past exotic birds and through a beautiful 10,000-gallon habitat of thousands of exotic fish.

TAUMATA RACER:
    For those who prefer life in the fast lane, Taumata Racer speeds riders down a 300-foot slide, in and out of tunnels and around a 360-degree turn before racing them across the finish line. This eight-lane racing slide is named after a 300-foot hill in southern Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand. Taumata is short for the original 84-letter Maori name:

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapiki maungahoronukup-okaiwhenakitanatahu.
    The lengthy title translates roughly as, “The hilltop where Tamatea with big knees, conqueror of mountains, eater of land, traveler over land and sea, played his koauau to his beloved.” Riders must be at least 42 inches tall (1.07m).

HOOROO RUN:
    Crikes! Hooroo Run rafters experience a sense of weightlessness as they soar down this 6-story, 250-foot, triple-drop water ride. The 7-foot-wide flume takes four riders at a time on a straight shot down -- three times! While the popular Australian term “G’day” means hello, its counterpart “Hooroo” means quite the opposite. Riders must be at least 42 inches tall (1.07m).

WALHALLA WAVE:
    This family raft ride splashes four guests at a time down six stories and through 600 feet of tunnels, twists and turns. The enclosed flume is on the same tower as Hooroo Run, but offers a slightly slower journey. Riders must be at least 42 inches tall (1.07m).

TASSIE TWISTER:
    Adventurous rafters delight in the twirling sensations of this ride as they spin and splash through a tunnel and into a sparkling pool below. The 129-foot enclosed flume takes single or double inner tubes into a super bowl, spins riders around and drops them into Loggerhead Lane. Riders must be able to maintain proper riding position and hold on to handles unassisted.

WHANAU WAY:
    Seated in double inner tubes, riders head down 5-story slides filled with thrilling drops, unexpected curves and cascading water curtains. At the top of the tower, guests may choose one of four colorful slides, each of which will send them down 340 feet and splash them into a crystal blue pool. Riders must be able to maintain proper riding position and hold on to handles unassisted.

WALKABOUT WATERS:
    Splash! This interactive water playground is one of the world’s largest, boasting 15,000 square feet of pure water excitement. This 60-foot-tall, 15,000-square-foot colorful water adventure is the perfect playground for kids to zip down slides and blast water cannons. Height restrictions vary by slide, guests should consult park signage or lifeguards for guidelines.

KATA’S KOOKABURRA COVE:
    This irresistible water wonderland for children contains 79,000 gallons of water and features plentiful fountains, rides and slides. Highlights include Slippity Dippity, Slider Rider, Racer Chaser and Zippity Zappity. Tiny tots –- even those too young to walk –- can enjoy sliding with mom and dad in specially designed rafts. Riders must be under 48 inches (1.22m).

Sounds brilliant thanks DD.

Ruddy

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    How much are tickets going to be? What will the park hours be?

Smile

The tickets prices are -

SeaWorld and Aquatica combination ticket: $89.98 (plus tax)
    Single-day Aquatica ticket ages 10 and up: $38.95 (plus tax)
    Single-day Aquatica ticket ages 3 to 9: $32.95 (plus tax)
    Ages two and under are free
    Parking is $10 for each vehicle; $15 for Preferred Parking

The park hours, starting in April are:
    • 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 1 - April 2
    • 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 3
    • 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 4 - April 6
    • 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. April 7 - April 30
    You can buy tickets online too and avoid ticket lines.

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I know it sound awesome. I'm gonna go Tuesday or Wednesday. So if i remember i'll post beack and have a story to tell to everyone who reads this.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

Photos would be great Panda Girl. There is also a section on the Aquatica website where you can upload photos for others to see. Let us know what you think!

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yes photos would be awesome. I would just have to remember to take them and try not to let the camera get wet ! Ahhh I just love living in Florida! All the great theme parks are here!!!! Wo wo!!! I'm not to far from Walt Disney World and not to far from Busch Gardens. Two of the best theme parks in the world! But of course Walt Disney Disney being the best of the two. Yep yep
    Last edited by Panda_Girl; 04-01-2008 at 12:04 AM.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast