Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss The Earl of Sandwich in the Vacation Planning forums; Earl of Sandwich is really yummy!! It was really good with the dinning plan when you go the desert, drink, and sandwich, because we would just take the desert back ...
    registhesheep is offline A-Ticket holder
    Earl of Sandwich is really yummy!!

It was really good with the dinning plan when you go the desert, drink, and sandwich, because we would just take the desert back to the room and eat it for breakfast if we wanted to.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I'm a relative newcomer to Earl of Sandwich fandom myself, having only eaten there maybe three or four times in total. It is a pretty darn good sandwich, but what I think I love most is the value. A meal there costs only slightly more than a snack in most other places around Disney (and significantly less than most other meals), and is not only good enough but also large enough to not leave you feeling ripped off. This is one of the very few places that I feel good about forking over the wallet because I know I'm getting my money's worth.

I too am a fan of Cannonballs, but then again... it's the only thing I've ever had there, so I can't really say whether or not it's my favorite. I have yet to try anything else!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: The Earl of Sandwich

We love Earl of Sandwich!Ialways get the Full Montagu;but the last time I got it,the roast beef was not completely cooked.I didn't take it back and I didn't complain either,I went ahead and ate it.I know a lot of people do not prefer their meats fully cooked,like steak and such,so I though maybe their cooking time was to possibly have the roast beef a little less than fully cooked,so that's why I ate it.However,personally,I always like all of my meats fully cooked,not rare,not med rare,not med;for me,med well to well.But it was still good though.But on another occasion at Earl's,I got the sandwich that had turkey with a cranberry sauce type glaze on it,and it was awesome! Our former youth pastor at my church always gets that sandwich,so I thought I would try it and I loved it.I just can't remember the name of it.
    Cheers to Earl of Sandwich!
    But please yall,don't forget Wolfgang Puck's Express,just a short walk from Earl's.We have eaten there many times and have never had a bad meal at all.The mac n four cheese is awesome!
    Park Hopper Dad!

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

always wanted to try but alas have not
    J&J

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I thought it was a bit pricey my first time, but I've come to realized that it's pretty good value for the money. I love "the original". When I stopped by there last week, I found that they are now using restaurant light beepers to notify customers that their order is ready. The need to hang on the counter, with everyone smashed in around you, in hopes of hearing your number called is no longer necessary.
    Last edited by mini-V; 04-07-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

HeatherR is offline B-Ticket Holder

We've never been to Earl of Sandwhch, but after reading these posts, we will try it out on our next visit.
    Heather

"Dreams Really Do Come True"

Andrewgator is offline D-Ticket Holder

I guess there is only 8 earl of sandwiches in the US, but to me I like to get food exclusive to WDW. So I wouldn't eat it in DTD. I've had it in the mall and it is pretty good. Full Montagu most definitely.
    Last edited by Andrewgator; 04-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I thought it was a bit pricey my first time, but I've come to realized that it's pretty good value for the money. I love "the original". When I stopped by there last week, I found that they are now using resturant light beepers to notify customers that their order is ready. The need to hang on the counter, with everyone smashed in around you, in hopes of hearing your number called is no longer necessary.
    Unless the sandwich prices have gone up,these days,$5 per sandwich is not bad,considering the high quality of the food.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Red Helicopter is offline C-Ticket Holder

We like Earl of Sandwich a lot. If we're eating @ DTD, this is where we'll be doing it.

The Wife likes the tuna melt, I've had the original, caprese, and the BLT. All are very good.

We have a Earl of Sandwich here in Tampa @ International Plaza (mall), and it's not as good as the one at DTD. I think it's because they don't do near the volume, so the bread is not as fresh. And, seriously, it's all about the bread here.

Saw a TV show about the company... apparently it was started by a descendant of THE "Earl of Sandwich"... the guy who sandwiches were named after. Pretty cool.
    The Red Helicopter
    . . . Always hangin' out around Epcot!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Helicopter View Post
    We like Earl of Sandwich a lot. If we're eating @ DTD, this is where we'll be doing it.

The Wife likes the tuna melt, I've had the original, caprese, and the BLT. All are very good.

We have a Earl of Sandwich here in Tampa @ International Plaza (mall), and it's not as good as the one at DTD. I think it's because they don't do near the volume, so the bread is not as fresh. And, seriously, it's all about the bread here.

Saw a TV show about the company... apparently it was started by a descendant of THE "Earl of Sandwich"... the guy who sandwiches were named after. Pretty cool.
    Red helicopter,
    Thought I'd mention to you,about the sandwich called the Full Montagu.I don't know if that is,as you put it,the original or not.If it is not,try the Full Montagu.It is really good.I also tried another sandwich that our former youth pastor at church has tried,which has turkey and some type of cranberry sauce/glaze on it.It is awesome.I don't know the name of that one.I agree about the bread,it is very good.
    Park Hopper Dad!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder

Cannonballs
    Cannonballs
    Cannonballs

I have never been to a sub restaurant that comes anywhere close to being as amazing as Earl. During my College Program I had a buddy who worked mostly night shifts at Coranado Springs and before work everyday he would get a different sandwitch from the Earl.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by glistensound2 View Post
    Wonderful place to eat at DTDisney! We tried Planet Hollywood, but the music was so loud we couldn't think. Starving, we stopped at Earl and were not disapointed!
    We ate at Planet Hollywood once,and I'll never go there again.It was as you said,too noisy,plus at the time,we had to wait for our table for at least 30 min,with two hungry kids.We had to wait over by the bar area,and smoking was still allowed then and it STUNK!!!!!
    People's language was something to be desired,in other words,filthy.No consideration for kids around either.
    When we finally got seated,we actually got seated inside some sort of cubicle,which was a lot more quiet than being out in the main area.But I'll never put on another life jacket again................"Show me the way to go home....."
    Park Hopper Dad!

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Earl has started franchising. I think one opened in Texas. Their cole slaw is my favorite, I always get the Cannonballs, The Italian, and my daughter gets the Tuna. I like the drink refills and love the outdoor seating.

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

We had the same problem at Planet Hollywood. Just too darn loud

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    We had the same problem at Planet Hollywood. Just too darn loud
    I will NEVER go to Planet Hollywood again! I wish they would close it down like all of the other planet hollywoods' have done.They need to put something new in its' spot.I'll never grace the doors again! I'll never walk up those steps again! I'll never.................get my point?
    Thank you,thank you very much!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast