Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss Is Cirque Du Solei worth it in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by dsnyqwn1 I for one think it is worth it. Me and my DH went to the show when we were there for our honeymoon and we are ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Is Cirque Du Solei worth it

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyqwn1 View Post
    I for one think it is worth it. Me and my DH went to the show when we were there for our honeymoon and we are taking our 4 year old and my mom to the show when we go down.

Park Hopper Dad- they did show La Nouba on the Bravo channel. Its just that it a different type of entertainment and and I think that the money is worth it for show that you get.
    Thanks for info.Like I mentioned,I may have missed the showing of La Nouba on Bravo Channel.Come to think,of it,I may not have sat and watched all of them;probably had a lot to do that day.
    Park Hopper Dad!

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Soarin' Over PA View Post
    Tickets are around $70 so i was wondering if its really worth it
    I say an emphatic yes, well worth it.
    Of course, you won't really know until you go if you like it. DH & I are big fans (okay... I'm addicted to all things Cirque) We got my parents hooked, but my FIL doesn't get it. So I'd say try it once & see what you think. Realistically, if you were to go to a broadway show, or most concerts now days you'll spend just as much, so why not check it out?

As others said, sit back & center. In this case the more expensive, up front seats are not the best in the house.

You may want to sign up for the Cirque e-mail club. Sporadically we get coupons for seat upgrades or discounts. Don't count on it, but sometimes it happens. Cirque du Soleil Official Website

Lastly, to save park time, maybe plan this for the day you do AK (since it closes earlier) or your first night @ WDW (assuming you don't have time to make a park that day). That way you can enjoy it, w/out having to cut out of Epcot or MK early.
    Zima-Cheryl

Question:
    Has anyone seen Starlight Express?If yall are not familiar with it,it is a musical/play,performed completely on roller skates.Each performer,represents some type of train locomotive from different eras.My wife and I,saw it in London,in 1985,in the Apollo Theater,near Victoria Station.If I remember correctly,everyone sat in the balcony,and the whole stage was huge ramps and skating tracks,covering the entire downstairs floor and seats.This allowed them to skate aroud as if on railroad tracks.It was a cool show.But like I said,in 1985,and it was cheap back then.
    I don't know where it is playing at these days.
    If anyone has seen this musical,please post something about it.
    Park Hopper Dad!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

My wife wanted to go to this show. Fortunately for me cirque de solame is performing near our home next Thursday. She is going with the kiddies and my mom. Yes I know it's not the same show as WDW has. I don't care about that. The good news for me is they will see the show, sans me, get it out of their systems and I won't have to watch this euro-sham when we go to WDW this December. Thank you Jesus!.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    My wife wanted to go to this show. Fortunately for me cirque de solame is performing near our home next Thursday. She is going with the kiddies and my mom. Yes I know it's not the same show as WDW has. I don't care about that. The good news for me is they will see the show, sans me, get it out of their systems and I won't have to watch this euro-sham when we go to WDW this December. Thank you Jesus!.
    Amen,brother! I don't want to see any Cirques either!
    BTW! I love the "solame" instead of solei!
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 05-31-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    Park Hopper Dad!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, they saw their "circus". IMO it's not really a circus without elephants and lions.
    One of my kids said she's going to have nightmares about the creepy acrobats. Money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Well, they saw their "circus". IMO it's not really a circus without elephants and lions.
    One of my kids said she's going to have nightmares about the creepy acrobats. Money well spent.
    That's a big 10-4!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Yes, yes it is worth it. it's a great show. Fantastic talent on display and so varied that you get everyhting from comedy, to acrobatics to music. Defineitely worth it
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I think that everyone should see a Cirque Show at least once. I've seen the La Nouba show twice now. (I went with a friend who had wanted to see one, we had a perfect opportunity to go, so we went!)

BUT I think that every seat in the house is good, I wouldn't splurge on Tier 1 or whatever the top level is.

ETA: This is not a show for young children. The first time I saw it I was at least 14 or so. Young teens and up are fine, I would not bring anyone that Disney considers a "child" to it and anyone between 9-12 would be iffy for me. There's no intermission and yes, some parts are creepy. I would totally make this a date night!!
    Last edited by kat228; 06-15-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

I can't see spending near $200 for a date night,just to watch a ridiculous circus!And that doesn't even include a meal either!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Then for you, it wouldn't be worth it. You can get tickets for $53/ea. Those seats are actually better than the $102 seats IMO. So you're talking more like $100 for a date night w/out dinner. Just to put it in the correct perspective...if you would spend that amount to go to a concert, then I would go.

I would not go to a circus. I have gone to Cirque du Soleil and think it is worth it, it's not really a "ridiculous circus." It's a spectacular show.

Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    ~Sam Eagle

It may be a good show,but I never spent that much for a concert ticket.I haven't been to a concert since 1992,so tix were a lot cheaper then than they are now.I actually have never had to spend $53 for a concert,so it just goes with age and which decade you go to concerts in.Yeah I happen to be a little bit older than you.Different generation,different values.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Park Hopper Dad,

I'm probably older than you, but I still consider La Nouba a good show for the money.
    Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Joe View Post
    Park Hopper Dad,

I'm probably older than you, but I still consider La Nouba a good show for the money.
    That's cool,Joe.Actually,what I was referring to when I mentioned that I was older than the poster that I replied to,was only about concerts,since the poster mentioned paying a lot of money to go to concerts.That's why I mentioned about the last time I went to a concert,so I could refer to the cheaper prices in those days.
    I am one of these type people that looks at things differently than most.Not negitively,just different.I've seen several Cirques on bravo channel,and for me,I just wasn't all that impressed with them.But hey,that's ok;if many people like them,that's cool.There may be some things that I like that many people don't like,so it's all good.Many things to like,many things to not like.That's what makes this world go round.
    Hope you enjoy the show when you go.Take care.
    Park Hopper Dad!

For the record...I'm not comparing Cirque to a concert years ago...I'm comparing Cirque to a concert today. I paid (a lot) more to go see Jimmy Buffett than I did to go see Cirque. And I don't think that has one bit to do with my age.

~Sam Eagle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast