Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss Favorite thing to do "after hours" in the Vacation Planning forums; I was recently asked by someone what types of things to do after the parks close for his family's next vacation. Unlike when I was a kid, there is now ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Question Favorite thing to do "after hours"

I was recently asked by someone what types of things to do after the parks close for his family's next vacation. Unlike when I was a kid, there is now So much to do, it's almost overwhelming.

So, I got to thinking (dangerous, I know)...

What are some of your favorite things to in WDW after the parks have closed?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    (bump)
    Lou Mongello

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou, My favorite thing to do after the park closes is...After they kick us out of the shops on Main Street, pick up a burger and a COLD drink on the way back to the hotel (we stay off site) and go to bed to get some rest and do it all over again the next day!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Luxury Disney is offline Moderator
    My husband and I divide our time between Port Aransas, Texas, and Crested Butte, Colorado
    I have many things I like to do after park hours. First and foremost I love Downtown Disney - dining, shopping, movies, Pleasure Island. If I'm visiting a park that closes early like Animal Kingdom I head back the resort for a shower, have a drink and appetizers at the concierge lounge, and then head to a great restaurant at one of the resorts like the California Grill or Citricos. Because I stay for such a long time (usually 2 weeks at a time), towards the end of the trip I really do want to head back to the hotel and put my feet up, watch a bit of TV, and go to bed early.
    Cara Goldsbury
    Author of "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World"
    info@luxurydisneyguide.com
    www.luxurydisneyguide.com

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    the last time i was there we tried to stay in the magic kingdom as late as we could and try to be the last ones there. it was cool how the park was almost empty as we walked down main street to catch the monorail

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    OUr last few trips have been in the off season when the parks close relatively early. OUr family likes to go to DTD and hit Disney Quest for a couple of hours before heading abck to the hotel and a late evening swim.

(Hey when you are from Pittsburgh and it is below zero at home you take advantage of pool priveliges even in the cooler Florida months )

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 05-27-2004 at 11:53 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Well.. there's chick-fil-a, but they close at 10, and on sundays. wendy's on 535 and meadowcreek drive is open late, where you can eat great. And it's convenient.

Or...

Relax at pleasure island in either the comedy warehouse or the adventurer's club.
    Sit by the water at the boardwalk enjoying a late pizza.
    Post as-you-go trip reports from your room.
    Grab a bottle of some beverage and enjoy it, in moderation, with someone special in the outdoor area of your resort of choice (by the lake at Coronado, Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach lagoon, etc)

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Best thing to do after leaving Mainstreet? Get on the tram - and then race your siblings as fast as you can back to the car -- its great! Mind you - being the youngest - I always lost - but now it works well to my advantage!

As for after we leave disney grounds - I am with Toddy here - which makes sence - we always would stop and get food then go to the hotel and sleep!

Hide out in the Magic Kingdom until they forcibly remove you from the premises. (just kidding)
    Lou Mongello

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i have a feeling i will be exhausted from running around the parks (and eating allk the good stuff), so we'll be back in our rooms with our shoes off looking at all the souveniers we bought!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Hide out in the Magic Kingdom until they forcibly remove you from the premises. (just kidding)

Hey I like this idea- I think we'll try it and see what happens......

KristaTX is offline A-Ticket holder
    I like to hang out at MK and Epcot until they pretty much clear out. I also like going out with friends to visit and get something to eat or drink at the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney.

>>Hey I like this idea- I think we'll try it and see what happens...... <<

Plan on keeping your AP? I wouldn't try it.

Not all that interesting, anyways...

Two words: Jello Shooters. (Well, not really. Actually, those things REALLY bother me)

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by judycats
    i have a feeling i will be exhausted from running around the parks (and eating allk the good stuff), so we'll be back in our rooms with our shoes off looking at all the souveniers we bought!
    I'm with Judycats. After a nice long day at the park, we head back to the motel/resort. I live in NC, so when I make a trip, I always bring plenty of food and drinks in a cooler. It helps to cut the cost down, I am in college you know. So, we get back to the room, we take off our shoes (much needed) and we typically have a drink, a small snack and usually watch ESPN to see what happened in the world of sports. My last trip was with two college buddies, so things were slightly different. One or two nights we hung out at Downtown Disney. One night was spend at Universal CityWalk and one night was spent at the resort pool. They had karaoke going on, which was interesting to laugh at!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast