Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss After the parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm going to be at WDW Resort this Thursday through Monday and I'm wondering what we should do after we leave the parks on nights that we don't stay for ...
    DFDetroit is offline A-Ticket holder

After the parks?

I'm going to be at WDW Resort this Thursday through Monday and I'm wondering what we should do after we leave the parks on nights that we don't stay for fireworks, etc.

Specifically, I'm looking for nightlife that would be fun for a few couples in their mid to late - 20's and early 30s, with no young kids yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations for nightlife within the resort? We'll be staying at Saratoga Springs.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: After the parks?

I highly recommend Jellyrolls over at the Boardwalk. It's a great place to relax and have fun after a night in the parks. There is also Downtown Disney, mini-golfing, movies over near the Yacht and Beach Club.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

DFDetroit is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks! Someone was telling me about dueling pianos somewhere on the Boardwalk. Is this at Jellyrolls, or somewhere else?

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

Yup! That's Jellyrolls!
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

KerriRocker is offline A-Ticket holder

It may sound silly but my husband and I love to end the night with a mini golf battle. I recommend Winter Summerland, I think the themeing is better and since it's a bit out of the way it is less crowded then Fantasia.

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Couple ideas for you...

Consider a wagon or carriage ride over @ Fort Wilderness.

If you want to splurge I can highly recommend La Nouba over @ DTD (we've seen it several times & it gets better each time).

DTD also has the balloon rides now which I think will have an amazing view (we have that on our list for our upcoming trip).

Ragalan Road @ DTD has a great show at night - Irish Dancing & I believe a band. They also have (or at least last time we were there they did) a killer bread pudding.

ESPN club (assuming all/the majority of your group like sports) is a great place to spend an evening. That is over on the Boardwalk.

If you can get there easily (do you have a rental car?) Yee Haw Bob does a show over at POR that isn't bad.

Or what about a late dinner show - there is the Luau (sp?) at the Poly. DH & I did that on our honeymoon & really enjoyed it. I've also heard good things about the Hoopty Doo Review (although we've never been).

Hope that helps & that you have a great trip!!
    Zima-Cheryl

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I think you will enjoy a night at the Boardwalk area with all the different clubs and shops. Of course, Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club. If you don't want to wait for a table, get an ice cream to go.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Well the good news is your staying at Saratoga Springs, which is literally a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney, which has a ton of ight clubs and nice resturaunts - between the suggestions on this board and the DTD area, you won't be short of things to do!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Also, if you looking for a great place for dinner, try California Grill on the top of the Contemporary!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

There are lounges at all of the deluxe resorts (you could do the Monorail-drinkathon) but if your looking for entertainment I love JellyRolls at the Boardwalk and there is also YeeHaw Bob over at Port Orleans from Wednesday - Saturday starting at 8:30 and although I have never been to that show I hear alot of good things about it. Sometimes there are events going on at the Atlantic Dance Hall over by JellyRolls. There are also several mini golf places. Have fun
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder

I am interested - did you go to Jellyrolls? How was it? I hear it is now smoke free is that correct? We are going the end of September and are looking forward to trying it.

Anyone else know - we (2 couples) may be meeting up with 2 other couples there. Is it a pain to get seats? Will they give us a bigger table if the whole party is not there yet?

1976 College Spring Break! With best friend!
    1977 Honeymooned at the Polynesian
    1978 stayed off site - Main Gate Howard Johnsons
    1986 Stayed lagoon view Polynesian - 2 kids!
    1988 Hubby and me at Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
    1990-Off site cheapy hotel! With 2 kids!
    1996 with friends at their time share-now with 3 kids
    2000 took 7 year old on a surprise destination trip-Dolphin Resort
    2000 - My son & daugher-in-law honeymoon at the Polynesian
    2001 - My daughter Sr. Class trip stayed at AllStar Music
    2007 - 30 year anniversary trip with the whole family - 2 adult kids, 15 yr. old and daughter-in-law - Boardwalk Inn
    September 2009!!! Beach Club - me, hubby and best buds - no kids this time around. How exciting!

LILYCOOL is offline B-Ticket Holder

what?hmmm...yum.
    In winter,if you never owned even one pair of elephant paws ,it's really a pity.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius