Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Disney magic in non-"world" wedding. in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm going to admit right from the start that I am not engaged, and that my boyfriend is not that much of a Disney fan, but as every girl dreams ...
    Be11e is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Disney magic in non-"world" wedding.

I'm going to admit right from the start that I am not engaged, and that my boyfriend is not that much of a Disney fan, but as every girl dreams of her wedding day, I was wondering what ways I could incorporate hints of Disney throughout a wedding. I unfortunately will not be able to have a wedding at "The World" but am hoping that I might be able to compromise a honeymoon with split destinations (one being Walt Disney World.)

Some ideas I've already had is hidden mickeys in the cake, using "Walt Disney" font for place cards, I saw a woman's bouquet had a hidden mickey it in and thought that was cool. Any other ideas?

Has anyone else had a Disney themed wedding? Share pictures if you have any!

Also, if you know how to convience significant others to humor your love for Disney? I took my boyfriend there for his first trip EVER eariler this year. He enjoyed it, but hasn't converted.
    Next Trip: January 2012
    All-Star Sports for Marathon Weekend
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2004 - Disney Cruise Line, Magic
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Re: Disney magic in non-"world" wedding.

We didn't get married in Disney World but did get married in Florida with Disney as our Honeymoon destination. Have you considered a destination wedding? We absolutely loved it and wouldn't have changed anything about it in hindsight. There are many "Disney" brides on this site. Aside from myself, you can also hunt down my good buddies Jeanne (MayBWeRMnt2B) and Rachel (Fungus 01). Both know a tremendous amount about Disney-related weddings and have been married recently/will be married soon.
    Is he a golfer? Perhaps you could book 18 holes for him at one of the Disney courses. Or into Nascar? You could arrange a few laps for him over that the Richard Petty Driving Experience. It's important to show him that there's sooo much more to Disney that just the parks. Depending on the time of year you get married, you could catch some spring training baseball games at The Wide World of Sports. If worst comes to worst, you could head to the beach for a day to get away from all things Disney.
    Find out what his ideal honeymoon is. Does he want an adventure or to lay around for days on end...then figure out how you can warp Disney World into your pitch. Or just get him to the World a few more times. Hopefully, with your enthusiasm, he'll convert.
    Good Luck!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

His sister did a destination wedding and it was a lot of stress on his family. I really want to get married in my childhood church in the town I grew up, which is in the opposite direction from Disney World (up North.)

My boyfriend and I recently got in to golfing this summer and would love to try out their golf courses, and then spend a day at the spa, and all the other great stuff that you can do outside of the parks. BF is really into fishing, and that would be his ideal trip, but the fishing they have at Disney isn't quite up to his standards. I'm thinking about spending half the honeymoon in Disney and driving down (flying?) to Key West so he can do some fishing.

But anyways, back to the wedding ideas... please share!
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

SnowCinder82 is offline B-Ticket Holder

My hubby and I made the horrible mistake of nothing getting married in the world (if i could do it over again i would with the same decorations, just in the world but that's a different story)

but we are both disney fans. and our wedding had a "winter princess" theme. I had white carvable pumpkins from micheals (over 20 hand carved by yours truly) they had a "fairy dust" type pattern on them and in the top of every one, right by the stem i carved a hidden mickey. but only true fans noticed the hidden mickeys, and we had mickey and minnie cake knife and server.

and of course we got married at 7pm new years eve, we promptly left and drove to the World for our week long honeymoon (interesting site seeing fireworks off interstate 95, heehee)
    Lovin' Disney since 1982

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...

We only had one small Disney item in our wedding, but it was an important one- our wedding cake topper was a porcelain Mickey and Minnie in a tux and wedding dress.
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

–Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

Pauper Princess is offline A-Ticket holder

Like those that have said, hidden Mickeys are a great idea and are kind of like a little secret to those that are die-hard fans. You could have a couple of Cinderella shoe centerpieces, or have Cinderella shoes yourself! There are also many ideas, like a guest book or photo album, at the Disney store website. If you poke around your area, you might even be able to find a 'Pumpkin' coach for the getaway instead of a limo! And that's really romantic, a carriage ride right after the reception.
    During the ceremony you could have a pretty arrangement of a Disney song like "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" or "Wish Upon a Star" Those are some really pretty songs. Or even have some background music with the "Disney FairyTale Weddings" cd, those are gorgeous instrumental arrangements and aren't cheesy like some would think.
    You could even get one of the Disney Bridal gowns. Those are very beautiful and make anyone feel like a princess. They also have jewelry, bridesmaid and flowergirl dresses.
    Love your guts!
    ~Rissa
    "Fantasy and reality often overlap." —Walt Disney

I totally have already downloaded the Disney Fairytale Wedding CD, and I really like it, I would love to walk down the aisle to some of those songs. I love the idea of a little hidden mickey's in places like the cake, or invitations. I think I would like to use the "Disney" font for placecards.
    2010 - Saratoga Springs
    2009 - Pop Century
    2004 - All-Star Music
    2001 - All-Star Music
    1998 - Disneyland
    1990 - Carribean Resort

LILYCOOL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney Fairytale Wedding is so romantic.
    In winter,if you never owned even one pair of elephant paws ,it's really a pity.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius

Yensid_Retlaw is offline D-Ticket Holder

Well I just got married in October and myself, my wife and my family are die hard Disney fans. We originally said "Not too much Disney but enough so people notice" well that changed a little bit but we still had very subtle things, here is what we......err excuse me, my wife thought of and did. We had a Mickey and Minnie bride and groom cake topper. Our tables were named after rides at Walt Disney World. We had the Disney Fairytale Weddings CD playing while we ate. We had hidden mickeys in our center pieces, myself and my groomsmen 's lapel flower as well as my wifes bouquet and her bridesmaids. We had David Tatturo Cinderella Cake Cutters....Ooooh we cut up mickey head confetti (We unfortunately were told we are not use it or we would lose the deposit on the hall) And to top it all off the man who did our cake was an EX Disney Baker and he incorporated several VERY hidden Mickeys into our cake.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow! Just a dream away!

"A Tip of the hat from Dr. Facilier"

"Cause I've got friends on the other side!"

A proud D23 Charter Year member.

And a dedicated Lead Manager at the Disney Store in Georgian Mall, Barrie, Ontario! 3 years! I almost get a Pluto pin!

LILYCOOL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Post Re: Disney magic in non-"world" wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Yensid_Retlaw View Post
    Well I just got married in October and myself, my wife and my family are die hard Disney fans. We originally said "Not too much Disney but enough so people notice" well that changed a little bit but we still had very subtle things, here is what we......err excuse me, my wife thought of and did. We had a Mickey and Minnie bride and groom cake topper. Our tables were named after rides at Walt Disney World. We had the Disney Fairytale Weddings CD playing while we ate. We had hidden mickeys in our center pieces, myself and my groomsmen 's lapel flower as well as my wifes bouquet and her bridesmaids. We had David Tatturo Cinderella Cake Cutters....Ooooh we cut up mickey head confetti (We unfortunately were told we are not use it or we would lose the deposit on the hall) And to top it all off the man who did our cake was an EX Disney Baker and he incorporated several VERY hidden Mickeys into our cake.
    It's so cool.
    In winter,if you never owned even one pair of elephant paws ,it's really a pity.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius