Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Disney Golf in the Vacation Planning forums; On our next trip in July, my wife and I are going to go golfing. Is there any one who has had the chance to golf at WDW? What course(s) ...
    mrklig is offline B-Ticket Holder

Disney Golf

On our next trip in July, my wife and I are going to go golfing. Is there any one who has had the chance to golf at WDW? What course(s) do you recommend or think are the best? Any comments would be helpful.
    THANKS!!!
    Owner at Bay Lake Towers!

Next Trip: July 15-19 - Adults Only Trip with my lovely wife

Disney Fantasy (1st Fantasy) April 2014

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Re: Disney Golf

The one at Old key west and saratoga springs.

philsfan2185 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney Golf

I played Magnoila once and Osprey Ridge three times in 2005. Magnolia is the nicest out of the 2 courses I've played on property. Osprey Ridge was also nice, but the PGA Tour holds play at Magnolia for a reason. Hit'em straight and have fun!

welovethemouse is offline A-Ticket holder

WOW! Philsfan wrote pretty much the same thing as I was going to. I played the Magnolia Course in 2002 and Osprey Ridge in 2006. Both of course are GORGEOUS and for me well worth the greens fees, rentals etc. I loved both and would love to play them again.

While standing on the 1st tee at the Magnolia Course, my nerves took over and I topped my 1st shot a whopping 20 yrds!!! The starter winked at me, smiled and said "Sir, I think you teed that one a bit low....why don't you try that one again...on me." I thanked him, teed it a little higher and started again with what would become one of my most memorable rounds of golf. Not because of my score, but because of the company and the beauty of the course. If you play the Magnolia, make sure you drop one (intentionally of course ..) in the bunker on the 6th hole - "The Mickey Hole" - great photo opportunity!!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

My husband plays Oak Trail regularly. It's a walking course with pars 3's, 4's, and 5's. I walked Magnolia during the golf tournament. It's a beautiful course and has LONG fairways with plenty of water. Keep your eyes peeled for the wildlife. There is plenty of it around, including gators now and again. My husband was in the middle of a back swing when one of his party spotted a gator behind him. Since the gator wasn't close enough to pose a hazard, the fellow didn't interrupt his swing. When told of the experience, my enthusiasm for taking up golf again has cooled considerably.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

wdwmike1988 is offline A-Ticket holder

During the CP I was able to Play all of the Disney Golf Courses. While each of them was unique in their own way I would have to say my two favorites are Magnolia and Osprey Ridge. Magnolia is a great course for those looking for an extra Disney touch added... A bunker in the shape of a Mickey Mouse head... While Osprey Ridge is a wonderful course for those who love golf as it is well kept and challenging all the same.
    "If we can dream it... We can do it."

Spring 2010 CP Graduate and current CM!