Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Orlando Science Center in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone ever been to the Orlando Science Center? I'm wondering what your experience was like? I have been researching their website, but could use some opinions on the experience. ...
    newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Orlando Science Center

Has anyone ever been to the Orlando Science Center? I'm wondering what your experience was like? I have been researching their website, but could use some opinions on the experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Re: Orlando Science Center

Having used to live closeby to it, I've been there several times. I was there when their new facilities opened up that they're currently in, and I do have to say is MUCH better than their older building (which is now the Shakespeare Theatre.) However, after several visits to the building, you tend to start to notice things getting old and worn out after so much use. My last visit was for the traveling "Bodies" exhibit which was strange yet cool, but it took over their entire second floor, and their 3rd floor exhibits were torn down for another event, which left us with the 4th floor "walk through the body" exhibit which is odd, since I just paid extra to do "Bodies" ontop of my OSC ticket, and all that's left is pretty much the same thing but hands on and more child-friendly. They have a little nature area downstairs in the first floor, and a kids town ONLY for kids as they get to do some fun grown up things. With your ticket you get to see whatever show is playing in the theatre, and if you'd like to, get CineDome tickets to catch a film the dome, really really cool. If you've never been, you might enjoy it. If you're looking for some fun hands on stuff, you might also want to check out Wonder Works off of I-Drive (it's the upside down building.) We pretty much call it OSC junior because it does feel like a mini science center with its hands exhibits. Wonder Works also has several arcade games and lazer tag.