Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Coral Castle! (Ed's Place) in the Vacation Planning forums; Coral Castle is a historic landmark in Homestead Florida off US1. It was built by man Latvian man named Ed Leedskalnin and is an architectural marvel. He dedicated his life's ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

Coral Castle! (Ed's Place)

Coral Castle is a historic landmark in Homestead Florida off US1. It was built by man Latvian man named Ed Leedskalnin and is an architectural marvel. He dedicated his life's work to a woman that wouldn't give him the time of day; she's still alive and still won't check it out. Some of the exhibits are older than the establishment, seeing that he moved alot of the pieces by flatbed from Florida City to where they reside now. A definite must see if ever in greater South Florida!

here's the site: www.coralcastle.com it's been shown on many history shows on stations such as travel channel, discover channel etc etc..

here's my pics of the place! http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...t=543&password=

enjoy!

EDIT: if you check out my pics starts from the last one first. I have no idea how to make an album or slideshow, and the last pic is the of the enterance so.....
    Last edited by Tampa; 05-14-2005 at 02:17 PM.

TalkingHands is offline A-Ticket holder
    hey Tampa Coral Castle is just south of me. Amazed me that it survived Andrew without damage. It is incredible.

Also in the area are Monkey Jungle, Parrot Jungle, Seaquarium and Metrozoo.
    WDW Sept 9-11, 2005

Lisbet

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have yet to go and visit. I heard some crazy stories about Ed while watching some TV shows on the unexplained.

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been there. Took some pictures. very creepy
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I've been there way too many times
    Remember, Dreams Come True!