Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss Wizarding World of Harry Potter (HELP) in the Vacation Planning forums; Alright peoples... This is a new attraction (being called park) and so I have never been here and there is not alot of unofficial information out there for travellers... but ...
    rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

Question Wizarding World of Harry Potter (HELP)

Alright peoples...

This is a new attraction (being called park) and so I have never been here and there is not alot of unofficial information out there for travellers... but this is at least half of the reason for our Florida trip, so I gotta find out stuffs.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is in Islands of Adventure... but does it cost anything extra to get in there?

I hear about lines to get in... But when can you get to the place to get in line? Does it not open at the same time as Islands of Adventure?
    Why is there a line??? I thought it was just another land like the Jurassic Park one or the Suess Landing???

I am so very very worried about The Forbidden Journey... i have been hearing ALOT of complaints and concerns about... fluffy people... being too big for the ride vehicles. I am not a skinny person, but I have never been turned away for a ride before... how humiliating that would be... I almost don't even want to try.

If anyone can give me ANY information about ANY of that stuff, it would be very helpful.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Re: Wizarding World of Harry Potter (HELP)

Quote Originally Posted by rosworms View Post
    Alright peoples...

This is a new attraction (being called park) and so I have never been here and there is not alot of unofficial information out there for travellers... but this is at least half of the reason for our Florida trip, so I gotta find out stuffs.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is in Islands of Adventure... but does it cost anything extra to get in there? you just buy you island adventure tickets

I hear about lines to get in... But when can you get to the place to get in line? Does it not open at the same time as Islands of Adventure?
    Why is there a line??? I thought it was just another land like the Jurassic Park one or the Suess Landing??? [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]it is just another land.. but its so busy they are giving people tickets i hear to get in.. so the park isnt over their fire dept limit i guess?? [/COLOR]

I am so very very worried about The Forbidden Journey... i have been hearing ALOT of complaints and concerns about... fluffy people... being too big for the ride vehicles. I am not a skinny person, but I have never been turned away for a ride before... how humiliating that would be... I almost don't even want to try. [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]what i have heard about the seats are if you are in the 250 or more range and it is more around the middle and not evenly spread out the body you will have issues with the seat.. they have seats you can try out.. you basicly have to be able to get 3 clicks out of the lock[/COLOR]

If anyone can give me ANY information about ANY of that stuff, it would be very helpful.
    [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]just again this is only things i have heard.. i hear they are also turning people away and telling them to come back to that area after 3pm when things have slowed down a lil[/COLOR]
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

You pay for Islands of Adventure ticket and it doesn't cost anymore to get into Harry Potter section.. it is just another section of the park. I think the queue for it was because there's currently to many people wanting to visit it so it's to ease crowds in the area as far as I can tell!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by rosworms View Post
    Alright peoples...

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is in Islands of Adventure... but does it cost anything extra to get in there?

Why is there a line??? I thought it was just another land like the Jurassic Park one or the Suess Landing???

I am so very very worried about The Forbidden Journey... i have been hearing ALOT of complaints and concerns about... fluffy people... being too big for the ride vehicles. I am not a skinny person, but I have never been turned away for a ride before... how humiliating that would be... I almost don't even want to try.

Ya like Chrissy and Tayen said, you just buy your Islands of Adventure tickets its just a part of the park. As for lines, I'm going in a few weeks and I've been told to go after 3pm so that the lines aren't so bad (and there shouldn't be a line to get into that area of the park by then). We love the rest of the park as well so we figured we would do everything we can during the day and then head over in the late afternoon/evening. From reading reviews it seems like its the morning that's super super crazy, and the whole idea of showing up as soon as the park opens doesn't work because people staying at the Universal hotels can get in an hour early and so they're already there.

When are you going? It might be not so bad by the late summer since a lot of schools are back at the end of the summer.

As for the seat thing, I have heard things about people not being able to fit as well. One gentleman was turned away, and he was over 6 feet and over 300 pounds... he was able to do 3 clicks but not 2. Just make sure you try the test seats that they have before you wait in line, and that way you don't have to wait in a huge line just to be turned away (that would be horrible ) Hopefully it will be okay for you! I have heard the same as above, that it seems to be people around 250lbs with the weight balanced at their mid-section that is the issue.

i have seen a couple videos on youtube of people getting stuck on the ride.. like it stopping and getting left in there for a few mins.. i have only had that happen to me once on the tomb raider ride at kings island years ago.. it was like 5-10 mins and i near freaked out.. i felt a lil trapped and couldnt breathe
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    i have seen a couple videos on youtube of people getting stuck on the ride.. like it stopping and getting left in there for a few mins.. i have only had that happen to me once on the tomb raider ride at kings island years ago.. it was like 5-10 mins and i near freaked out.. i felt a lil trapped and couldnt breathe

Eek! i JUST read an article about a lady who was able to ride FJ after an attendant squeezed and pushed until it did the third click (at the lady's request... she was mad and wanted them to shove her in), and the attendant was like "are you SURE you are able to ride like this for 5 minutes" because it was a VERY tight squeeze, and the lady said yes and then regretted it 30 seconds in when she realized she wouldn't be able to breath the entire ride. Can you imagine if the ride had stopped when she was on and she was stuck for an extra 5-10 minutes? Yikes!

i was smaller then than i am now.. no i couldnt imagine.. because i was about to freak out before
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak

i am not going until the end of september, so i hope the crowds have died down some by then... but i don't want to underestimate the fanatical powers of other harry potter fans...
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Well, I'm going on August 18th and the 25th... I'll let you know how bad the lines are then. I'm curious to see if there is a difference between the two days I'm there because there is a week difference, but the second week is considered "value" season at Disney and the first isn't, so I would imagine crowd levels would go down at Universal as well? If so it would be even better for you most likely!

2tinners is offline Mike Wazowski

My husband, son and I are going the August 18th and maybe the 19th. SInce we just came back from Universal in early January we are concentrating on Harry Potter. It should be fun.
    Love Disney. I hope to go next spring with the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tinners View Post
    My husband, son and I are going the August 18th and maybe the 19th. SInce we just came back from Universal in early January we are concentrating on Harry Potter. It should be fun.
    we were just there in feb.. so were doing the same.. just there for hp.. and hhn's later that evening.
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Doombuggy13 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: Wizarding World of Harry Potter (HELP)

It costs more, but you may want to look into getting the express Plus Pass. It is like Fastpass but you have to buy it. On the 18th it would be $39.99 per person and on the 25th it would be $25.99 per person.

"Allows you to bypass the regular lines by providing Express Access to participating attractions at the Islands of Adventure theme park. Express Access is a separate line with a shorter wait time at each valid attraction. Valid for use only one (1) time at each participating attraction. Universal Express Plus pass is not valid for admission to the theme park."

It is good at:
    The Cat In The Hat™
    One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™
    Caro-Seuss-el™
    Poseidon’s Fury®
    The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad®
    Dragon Challenge™
    Jurassic Park River Adventure®
    Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls®
    Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges®
    The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man®
    Doctor Doom’s Fearfall®
    Storm Force Accelatron®
    Incredible Hulk Coaster®
    Flight of the Hippogriff™

Hope this helps!

were going in october on the 23rd.. i thought it couldnt be used at harry potter area at all with all the back ups..
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

It can't be used for the Forbidden Journey, and other than that ride the biggest lineups are for the gift shops and food anyways. So ya, its not going to be of any use at the Harry Potter area. It also can't be used for the Rip Ride Rocket at the Studios. Also, unless they've changed it you can only use it ONCE for each ride and then you have to wait in line.

Alright, so for anyone planning a trip to Universal and WWoHP in particular, I was just there yesterday and I have some reviews/tips! (mainly, why you should NOT go first thing in the morning!)

We are currently in Florida for 2 weeks doing mostly Disney, but we have a few days at Universal thrown in. Yesterday we decided to do the REST of Islands of Adventure, and the plan was that if we finish all the other rides we'll see at night if the lines at Harry Potter have died down. Otherwise we have a whole day next week we can focus on HP. Now, let me also say that its been pretty busy here... On Saturday night I saw a lineup for the TTA at 10:30pm(!) so we thought it would be pretty crazy.

So 12:30pm rolls around and we've finished pretty much everything else already as there were barely any waits (10 minutes for Hulk for example), so we go and see how bad everything is at HP. There was NO line to get into the area. We waited 10 minutes for Dragon Challenge, 15 minutes for Flight of the Hippogriph, walked into pretty much every store (maybe we waited for 2 minutes for Olivanders... although to see the wand show for Olivanders had a good hour line in the direct sun) and we got butter beer with no wait either, ( although the lines for that seemed to come and go.) The frozen butter beer was really good! The Forbidden Journey was having technical problems and had been shut down for half an hour, so we came back at around 4pm and it had an hour lineup which seemed to be what it was at all day besides during the technical issues. After seeing 140 minutes at Midway Mania at 5 minutes to park closing we decided an hour is not bad, so we hopping in line.... and waited MAYBE half an hour! It's constantly loading like Haunted Mansion style and the cue moves well. It was REALLY REALLY good, highly recommended. Better than even spiderman, and I think the description of Spiderman meets Soarin was a pretty good description. In fact I recommend seeing the whole place, it's very well done! It still was more crowded than the rest of the park though, and the area is SMALL so don't expect a whole Harry Potter park... its a tiny land. I read a review of someone saying how horrible it is because it's just three rides... look at Liberty Square or Frontierland... it's similar to that, just an AREA of the park and a small one at that.

Now, this is important... we asked some workers and they said that there is always an hour and a half line to get into the area in the morning and the lines are NUTS. Then by about noon its fine. So... DO NOT go there first thing, you aren't beating the crowds, you're in the worst of them! And also if you want to take pictures of inside the castle you can go up to the forbidden journey cue and just ask... because you can't take anything on this ride with you (there are free lockers, and make sure you don't have anything in your pockets!).

Also, we saw a few gentlemen who were bigger, but not big enough that I would imagine not being able to fit, who were turned away. This was BEFORE they waited in line... there are seats out front to test and you should try them out first if you have any doubts at all... the people working there will help you out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast