Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss What do we do? in the Vacation Planning forums; So this thanksgiving my family and i are going to WDW and we had planned to do the backstage tour on friday since the parks are so busy. Unfortunatly when ...
    Soarin' Over PA is offline B-Ticket Holder

What do we do?

So this thanksgiving my family and i are going to WDW and we had planned to do the backstage tour on friday since the parks are so busy. Unfortunatly when we called to book they said they dont offer tours that day due to increased theme park attendence. Any other suggestions on interesting and hidden disney things we can do that dont involve theme park tickets?
    “If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: What do we do?

pontoon boats...? it shouldnt be too cold... especially for us north easterners... check to see if they do that around that time...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

There is a boat load of stuff to do at Fort Wilderness. You could make a day of it. From horses, mini farm, segways. You could do Hoop Dee and even take in movie night. Flip to just about any guide book and read up on FW and all it has to offer.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Resort hop. Christmas decorations will be up and some of the resorts have amazing displays. Check out the real lifesize gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian for sure. Yacht and Beach Club each have a display in the lobby too. I haven't been able to check out the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge at Christmas yet, but they both look like they have some pretty impressive trees in the lobby.

My suggestion would be to hop on the monorail and check out the three resorts on the monorail line, then take the monorail over to Epcot to get to the international gateway then check out the resorts over there. You'll be able to walk the boardwalk if you like too and maybe grab some lunch.
    Last edited by Thumper10; 08-28-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Or you could do things in the reverse order I suggested and maybe time it so that you'll be near the Poly around the time Wishes starts. You could always grab a seat on the beach there and watch.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

The above ideas are great! Here are just a few quick ideas off the top of my head...

You could go to either the monorail resorts or the Boardwalk resort area and have the members of your family divide up with an assignment to go to the resort quick service restaurant to pick up a portion of your Thanksgiving meal. It would be fun, unconventional, and probably very interesting!

Or

You could visit the Downtown Disney area and do a secret Santa type thing - except everyone would buy a gift that would be symbolic of why they are grateful for the person that they drew out of the hat!

Of course, you could also see any of the many shows such as La Nouba, The Luau at the Poly, Hoop Dee Do at FW, Movie night at either Beach Club or FW, Smores/campfire sing-a-long at FW, Yee Haw Bob at POR, Boardwalk entertainment at night, or catch a concert at House of Blues if they have one!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    There is a boat load of stuff to do at Fort Wilderness. You could make a day of it. From horses, mini farm, segways. You could do Hoop Dee and even take in movie night. Flip to just about any guide book and read up on FW and all it has to offer.
    i just did the Hoop-Dee-Doo... definitely worth it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Cameo is offline And the voila... you've got a Figment!
    Riding my tricycle around the parking lot

We've been visiting the Friday after Thanksgiving for the past 4 years. It's definitely busy, but don't let it scare you off. As long as you go into it realizing you won't see everything and just pick your ideal attractions you'll be fine. Go with the flow, enjoy the Christmas decorations, and have fun!

That said, if you don't mind waiting a day, last year we did the Keys to the Kingdom on Saturday after Thanksgiving, so tours should be available then.
    ~Sarah~

A dream is a wish your heart makes....

"Tom Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Lots of good ideas already suggested.But I'll add,spend some time at Downtown Disney,slow time.Take in the sights,the atmosphere,enjoy just sitting and relaxing and eat an ice cream and watch people.Pop in and out of the shops and just explore DD like a little kid.Get a bite at Wolfgang Puck's Express or Earl of Sandwich(awesome sandwiches),or even spend one arm and two legs at Rainforest Cafe!West side is good too.Disneyquest is a great way to spend several hours in the indoor amusement park,not theme park.HA HA! Great food inside too at the Cheesecake Factory up on one of the levels inside.Someone said resort hop.That's a good one too.We've dome that several times and still haven't been to all resorts.We video them too.So enjoy your time.
    Park Hopper Dad!