Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss upside down house? in the Vacation Planning forums; i remember often driving past an upside down house, even the palm tree's were upside down, we went in briefly but didnt' do the tour, i was wondering if anyone ...
    viks is offline A-Ticket holder

upside down house?

i remember often driving past an upside down house, even the palm tree's were upside down, we went in briefly but didnt' do the tour, i was wondering if anyone knew what it was called, and if it had a website?

whoops, didn't mean to post that here, ive got 2 screens on the same forum open!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    that's hardcore

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    This reminds me of the Winchester house in California. I'd like to know where the upside down house is.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    There is an upside down house on I-Drive called Wonder Works. It is like a hands on science type museum.

BTW, I used to live down the Street from the Winchester Mystery House Amanda, it is very cool!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

thats the one thank you Ive been trying to find info on it/ remember for such a long time, thank you

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    BTW, I used to live down the Street from the Winchester Mystery House Amanda, it is very cool!
    Cool! Any pictures?

Hands on Science Museum? Sounds like my kind of place. I love the Franklin Institute in Philly. It's one of the places I take people from out of town who visit me.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It is a bit said I love 40 minutes from the winchester mystery house and yet have never been. maybe i should drive down to san jose and go one day.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by cjdiggs
    It is a bit said I love 40 minutes from the winchester mystery house and yet have never been. maybe i should drive down to san jose and go one day.
    It is totally worth it, you should go. I loved it there, the gardens are beautiful too. There is a lot of walking involved, I am glad I did it before I got sick.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

BarryH is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've been in Wonder Works on I-Drive. Here's a trip report I wrote on it from a few years ago:

One of the most recognizable buildings on International Drive is the upside-down building. If you have seen the building, you have seen WonderWorks. Although it is a well-known building, not too many people know what is inside.

Inside the building are over 75 interactive exhibits amaze, amuse, and even toss you around. One exhibit simulates an earthquake. Another is a hurricane simulator. A VR simulator lets you fight other guests in a computer-generated environment. WonderWorks has an electric chair simulator. You sit in the chair and you can feel what it’s like to be electrocuted (minus the annoyance of death). You can hang glide over simulated environments. You can play music on a big piano. Smaller exhibits are optical illusions. The building also has a roller coaster simulator ride. An upper floor is a huge laser tag arena. You can also eat pizza and other junk food in the snack bar below.

WonderWorks had a lot of exhibits that you can find at many science museums. Unlike science museums, WonderWorks doesn’t have scientific explanations on what causes these phenomenons. The attraction has the air of the cheesy tourist attraction.

As I toured the building, I thought “tourist trap!” many times. I think the Orlando Science Center or even Disney Quest would be a better value for the money. At the Orlando Science Center, you learn as you have fun with the exhibits. I always feel like my head is ten pounds heavier from all the things I’ve learned there. Disney Quest has a better set of exhibits. The best thing about WonderWorks is that is open until midnight daily. Other attractions around International Drive close much earlier. Still, WonderWorks is not a bad place to spend an hour or two.

Next door to WonderWorks is Pointe*Orlando, a collection of shops and restaurants.

For more information on WonderWorks, go to their website at www.wonderworksonline.com.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM

ah, the house with a "Door to No Where".