Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Richard Petty Driving Experience in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone done the Richard Petty Driving Experience????? The bf wants to do the actual driving but due to lack of funds he is settling for the Ridealong Experience. Has ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

Question Richard Petty Driving Experience

Has anyone done the Richard Petty Driving Experience?????

The bf wants to do the actual driving but due to lack of funds he is settling for the Ridealong Experience. Has anyone participated in this? If so how do they work out when exactly you do it? I know reservations are not required and rides begin daily at 9am....Is it on a first come first serve basis or are you assigned a time to come back? We are trying to work out an itierary for our trip and want to know so we can fit this into our schedule. This is his father's day/birthday/xmas gift for all year. Any pictures will be helpful also. Thank You.

P.S. He wants to know if you get any "souveniers" when you do it?
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I can let you know all about it in a few weeks. I got the king's experience as a wedding gift for my soon to be. We are getting married in 4 days and leaving in 5 for WDW honeymoon.. He is scheduled for Wednesday June 15th.. Once we get back on the 23rd I will write all about it.. He still has no idea about it!!! I can't wait to see his face!!!

neato...he will have fun i'm sure big boys big cars...they are still little boys at heart...lol

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    Has anyone done the Richard Petty Driving Experience?????

The bf wants to do the actual driving but due to lack of funds he is settling for the Ridealong Experience. Has anyone participated in this? If so how do they work out when exactly you do it? I know reservations are not required and rides begin daily at 9am....Is it on a first come first serve basis or are you assigned a time to come back? We are trying to work out an itierary for our trip and want to know so we can fit this into our schedule. This is his father's day/birthday/xmas gift for all year. Any pictures will be helpful also. Thank You.

P.S. He wants to know if you get any "souveniers" when you do it?
    My DSIL's DF did the ride-a-long. He was scared to death. He said he should have spent the extra money and driven alone, but then again he probably wouldn't have gone 147 mph!!!

You can buy used tires there for $5 or less
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

uuuummm....wasnt quite thinking about something that size...more in the line of pictures etc...lol

I have heard that ppl have taken them home to make coffee tables out of *shakes head

Is a tire considered carry on luggage or is that something that needs to be checked???

lol@dz

don't think I'd really want one of those in my house...can you imagine how hprrible that rubber smell would be?...lol

It might smell better than the sweaty over excited men that drive the cars.. It gets pretty hot in there!!!

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like a lot of fun! I think I would do that in a heart beat if given the chance.

Danica Patrick...watch out, he comes RV....

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    My DSIL's DF did the ride-a-long. He was scared to death. He said he should have spent the extra money and driven alone, but then again he probably wouldn't have gone 147 mph!!!

You can buy used tires there for $5 or less

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My Gf's dad did a ride along and what they do is have sign some paper work and stuff. then put the rider in a jump suit thing. then u are heading outside and waiting to hop in the car. the wait just depends on how many people are there we had one rider in front of us so we were in and out of the whole place in 30 minutes. We did go however right when it opened.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I heard you have to follow another car pretty close, and there's a speed line on the track, meaning if you follow it you'll maximize the car's capability. Anyone know bout this?

Okay.. We are back... and he LOVED it!!! He's not a fan of NASCAR but he does like to race.. The car in front of you is your pace car.. You cannot pass this car but you should always be about 3 car lenghts away... The speed way haas all sorts of markings showing where to drive where to increase/decrease speeds..etc.. There's a man on a post w/ flags that spent most of his time waving the green flag (rolled up) meaning hurry the H*ll up you are too far behind your pace car.. The max speed of that raceway is an average of 140-145 which is done by professional drivers.. My DH only got a max speed of 130.. Which was still really fast,, Most people on his class that day were 110-120.. Your pace car will go about as fast as HE thinks YOU can handle... All in all it was worth the 800 bucks for the kings experience to see my sweetie having a blast.. I will post some pics when I get a chance..