Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Please Help NJ and the Northeast in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello fellow box people and WDW fans, has I'm sure all of you know NJ and the Northeast has been impact in unthinkable ways. Many are still without power and ...
    DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Please Help NJ and the Northeast

Hello fellow box people and WDW fans, has I'm sure all of you know NJ and the Northeast has been impact in unthinkable ways. Many are still without power and thousands have no home to go back to. I'm asking if anyone is able to please help us out in NJ, I know many fellow box people are from NJ, NY and the Northeast, please help and donate to the Red Cross no donation too small. I know many WDW Radio listeners are very generous when it comes to charities like the Dream Team and Make a Wish so I'm sure there are at least a couple people who could help us out and make a donation. I thank you in advance!

http://www.facebook.com/JerseyShoreHurricaneNews - here you will see some first hand accounts of the destruction and news from mainly on the Jersey Shore
    Last edited by DisneyFanNJ93; 10-31-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Please Help NJ and the Northeast

And an update for you since inbound news is likely not making into those areas.

Red Cross is currently making their appeals throughout the states. They are doing a text phone donatation for $10.
    Our stores all have donation boxes at all check out lanes. The radio is currently running the Red Cross message about every twenty minutes.

We have sent our IL FEMA units out east. We have sent some of our EMT's East and a good chunk of our
    CommEd power employees were off before the storm hit.

Just thought you'd like to know other states are thinking about you all. Pixie Dust.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks Gabe for the news, I was just trying to spread the word a bit further I didn't know how far the news has traveled throughout the country.

Personally I have no respect for FEMA after I heard they were down by me selling generators for over $1000 after the Hurricane past, how sick is our government that we can't loan a generator to people in need and have health issues, makes me sick!
    Anyway excuse my rant about FEMA, i know their trying to help but i dont agree with how they handle diasters (we all remember katrina)

I thank you for your concern and if you hear anything else as far as relief efforts pass them onto me since news is a bit jumbled right now
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

DisneyFan,

I couldn't agree more on FEMA. Remember the nine most frightening words in the English language, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Despite the heated rhetoric of this election cycle, Americans will come together and assist those in need.

Anyone heard from any of our East Coast members who were in the path of the storm? I hope and pray they all made it through.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanNJ93 View Post
    Thanks Gabe for the news, I was just trying to spread the word a bit further I didn't know how far the news has traveled throughout the country.

Personally I have no respect for FEMA after I heard they were down by me selling generators for over $1000 after the Hurricane past, how sick is our government that we can't loan a generator to people in need and have health issues, makes me sick!
    Anyway excuse my rant about FEMA, i know their trying to help but i dont agree with how they handle diasters (we all remember katrina)

I thank you for your concern and if you hear anything else as far as relief efforts pass them onto me since news is a bit jumbled right now
    I understand. I think FEMA is good, bad and sometimes ugly. Anytime you have any form of government you have the creeps and the honored. The Red Cross commercials are still airing for texting donations. They were showing more and more Energy convoys arriving from west of me to the East coast today.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    DisneyFan,

I couldn't agree more on FEMA. Remember the nine most frightening words in the English language, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Despite the heated rhetoric of this election cycle, Americans will come together and assist those in need.

Anyone heard from any of our East Coast members who were in the path of the storm? I hope and pray they all made it through.
    There are a few regulars that still have not popped up yet. Most have surfaced, if nothing else by cell phone because of a lack of power. I found most on twitter saying they were still kick'n however silence yet for a few.