Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Cancelled, EMHs for Disney Waterparks in the Vacation Planning forums; Disney has abruptly cancelled the EMHs that were on the schedule for both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, which has seemed to irked more locals holding WaterPark annual passes than ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Cancelled, EMHs for Disney Waterparks

Disney has abruptly cancelled the EMHs that were on the schedule for both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, which has seemed to irked more locals holding WaterPark annual passes than guests at WDW. Several times a week during the summer months the waterparks stayed open late for EMHs.

The dates were EHMs at the waterpark were on the schedule but have since been removed.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

sriddagh is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Cancelled, EMHs for Disney Waterparks

This may be a stupid question but what is EMH? We are planning a trip in Oct and plan to visit Typhoon Lagoon and this message has me wondering if this will impact our trip. Thanks!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Extra Magic Hours.

It's when parks either open early, or stay open later. It's only available to those staying on property, or at the Downtown Disney Hilton.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Very odd. Even up here, especially this past week, it has been uncomfortably hot in the early morning and late evening. So I can't see these cuts being due to a drop in attendance. Cost cutting measures sounds more likely. Plus, if you limit the amount of places guests can visit, you're bringing them back to your parks. I would think people are more likely to spend money at, say, the MK than there are at Typhoon Lagoon.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Very odd. Even up here, especially this past week, it has been uncomfortably hot in the early morning and late evening. So I can't see these cuts being due to a drop in attendance. Cost cutting measures sounds more likely. Plus, if you limit the amount of places guests can visit, you're bringing them back to your parks. I would think people are more likely to spend money at, say, the MK than there are at Typhoon Lagoon.
    Much to my surprise Disney sells quite a bit of liquor at the waterparks. Me,<---I find that a bad mix. They started with beer years ago but now they've moved onto hard liquor cocktails. Waterparks make people hungry so they sell quite a bit of food and snacks. I've been to both parks and actually enjoyed the later hours because the lines for the slides are substantially shorter in the dinner/evening hours.

The locals who already purchased their WaterPark Florida Resident annual passes are not so pleased, they cannot enter the park until after 2pm so chopping off hours at the end abruptly caught them by surprise. Disney has their money this year, next year not as likely. Uni's waterpark is open 'till 9pm, locals that do purchase water park annual passes will likely shift over there.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.