Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By firemedic
Beyond the Parks Discuss Disney chief trumpets MyMagic+, Avatar Land in the Vacation Planning forums; Orlando Sentinel on the latest Iger patting himself on the back.....again. Disney CEO Bob Iger trumpets MyMagic+, Avatar Land - Orlando Sentinel I got a good chuckle out of this...... ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney chief trumpets MyMagic+, Avatar Land

Orlando Sentinel on the latest Iger patting himself on the back.....again.

Disney CEO Bob Iger trumpets MyMagic+, Avatar Land - Orlando Sentinel

I got a good chuckle out of this......

The bands function as theme-park tickets, hotel-room keys, credit cards and FastPasses for park rides. The company is thought to be investing between $1 billion and $1.5 billion in the project.
    Iger said Disney has now had more than 200,000 visitors test MyMagic+, a central element of which is a reservation system that allows guests to book a limited number of ride times from home, weeks before they leave on vacation.
    Giving visitors the ability to guarantee they will experience their favorite attractions without hour-plus standby lines "is a big deal and a game changer, we believe, in terms of the park experience," Iger said.

Will Iger really be able to Guarantee they will be able to experience their favorite attraction without hour-plus wait??? Guarantee???

He said the plan is to eventually expand MyMagic+ to Disney's other theme-park resorts around the world. "It's a complex project," he said. "We're starting with Florida because of the scale that Florida gives us."
    Iger also expressed confidence in the yet-to-be-built Avatar Land planned for Disney's Animal Kingdom. Disney has provided few details about the project since announcing it two years ago, and fan interest has been tepid on some Disney Internet forums.
    "We're very excited about Avatar Land," Iger said. "I think that will generate substantial growth down there."

Wonder where Iger is pointing, when saying substantial growth down there?

Oh my moment, does he really think that Avatar land will create substantial growth, then it shows how clueless he is about Orlando them parks than I had thought and I didn't give him much credit to start with. Or if he says it enough his goal is the press and fans might actually start to believe him? The more he tries to explain the messes he has created the more he needs to explain himself. Ahhhhhhhhhhh
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney chief trumpets MyMagic+, Avatar Land

I have concerns about this new pass band. Don't think it will work like they say.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

I can't put my finger on a specific concern, there's just something not right about it.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

DS ordered the Maagic Bands today, will let you know how it goes during F&W Mid October.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

K, thanks!

Walt Disney