Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Beyond the Parks Discuss Disney Springs Updates in the Vacation Planning forums; Going to start a thread on this, since I can't find it. ooops. DTD and all of its lands are a big mess. There are construction walls everywhere and it ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney Springs Updates

Going to start a thread on this, since I can't find it. ooops.

DTD and all of its lands are a big mess. There are construction walls everywhere and it isn't pleasant. Construction and closures seem to be changing weekly if not daily.

On Monday the traffic patterns changed again and includes costruction to areas around DTD too.

Beside the shuttle bus parking from either Animal Kingdom or from a commercial office structure lot across the street from DTD that Disney owns, Disney just started on Monday a Valet parking option at Cirque du Soleil to accommodate the heavier evening crowd, From 4pm until 2am for $15 plus tip. If you are a Tables of Wonderland member and show a receipt for dinner at a participating ToW restaurant your valet parking will be complimentary.

You can give the valet a heads up that you are coming to retrieve your car by sending a text, calling the valet or just showing up in person if you wish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me <------ I'd take a cab or use Disney transportation given the mess that only seems to be getting worse and the preliminary work beginning for the garages. The more I think about it the more I am inclined to skip DTD until a chunk of this project is complete.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Re: Disney Springs Updates

Disney unveils plans for two shuttered shops at the West Side of DTD. Starbucks.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

The bypass bridge that offers a new bridge along the water for guests to walk between the Market Place and the West Side is now complete. As of now guests can still cut through Pleasure Island but ultimately that will end for the constuction in the Old Pleasure Island area.

The bridge starts about where the hot air balloon is stationed and at points has tall construction walls on each side however most of one side of the bridge has railings on the lake side. The wide bridge is temporary for Disney Springs construction but is sturdy and also has nice lighting fixtures. The land side of the bridge is tall, standard construction walls that are all over DTD, Pleasure Island and the West Side.
    from save pleasure island

From the official Disney Blog.

Out with Team Disney and in with Disney Co-Op.

lace in Early 2014

posted on November 8th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I’m excited to share that a new merchandise location is coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace in spring 2014. The Merchandise Co Op will occupy the space that is currently Team Mickey located next to TrenD. The shop with shops within it will showcase new and innovative Disney retail concepts. I caught up with Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise, to learn more.
    “Think about your favorite marketplaces from across the US,” said Tom. “These unique shopping experiences in major cities like Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York all have something in common – they are compelling and distinct, allow visitors to connect to the environment, and foster a sense of discovery. This is our goal with the Marketplace Co Op.”
    “This public marketplace will serve as a laboratory to showcase new concepts and specialty products,” continued Tom. “It will be an incubator to introduce exciting new Disney retail shops and products.”
    Tom said that they will embellish the building’s construction and design to reveal its craftsmen style identity. They also plan on keeping the original ceiling elements, especially the skylight. The expansive space inside the current location will accommodate several shops.
    At inauguration, The Marketplace Co Op’s six new spaces will be:

• Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
    • Cherry Tree Lane - Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
    • D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
    • The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
    • Centerpiece - Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
    • Zoey and Pickles - A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.

Work on the new Marketplace Co Op will begin in early 2014. In the coming months, I will be sharing additional details about each of these shops on the Disney Parks Blog. Trust me, you are going to be amazed!

Remote, offsite parking for DownTown Disney's various lots has been such a confusing mess that Disney has decided to color code their shuttle buses to and from DTD.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've only tried parking there once in all the years I've visited DTD and it was a nightmare that day. I can't imagine what's going on now. Glad I can walk the back way or just take the boat over. Though I'll miss my usual trek.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

In july it took about a good hour to get a spot which was soooo annoying you have no idea !!! and I really hope the parking garage does not ruin the view of dtd it will just remind me of all the buildings in nyc
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

I read an article yesterday that was talking about the 3rd party places having enough and ready to pull out or are threatening to. AMC is being really hurt by the mess. Locals not willing to choose AMC over other choices in Orlando. Paradiso is about the worst and the new bypass bridge isn't helping it stay solvent. For Disney it is worth the mess, for the 3rd parties they are tanking.

I'm real curious as to how this will all pan out. So much dependent on 3rd parties buying into the concept and guests wanting to shop at high end, non Disney stores. The dining I somewhat get but still there can be an over saturation, when all is said and done DTD is still far from many of the resorts, can't imagine the philosophy coming true that guests will opt to spend a day at DTD over visiting a competitors park. Maybe it is just me but I have no desire to shop and eat the day and night away at Springs.

Demolition of Captain Jacks started this week. Slow going as most is over the water. I hated the restaurant but loved the building. Great views.

What a mess DTD is now, this is News!

Duncan Yo-Yo Cart opens in DTD.

Am I that old now that these gentleman look 12 years old to me?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Demolition of Captain Jacks started this week. Slow going as most is over the water. I hated the restaurant but loved the building. Great views.

Kind of sad. Building about 40 years old, still pretty, held up. Good construction of yesteryear.

attractions

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    What a mess DTD is now, this is News!

Duncan Yo-Yo Cart opens in DTD.

image snipped

Am I that old now that these gentleman look 12 years old to me?
    I refuse to answer as you might slap me with a frozen towel
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I refuse to answer as you might slap me with a frozen towel
    A wise man.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

LOADS of construction cranes over DTD now. And the parking is a MESS, with two of the five lots closed. The local roads around DTD were backed up... and this is during the quiet before the holiday storm. The walkway that I always take was open, along with the road and the entrance by the Christmas store, despite was posted here. So I was still able to walk over from Saratoga Springs.

An eyesore that I didn't see posted her yet... the space between the two openings of the World of Disney store will now feature... a Starbucks store. Took some photos of the walls and the space, so I'll have to post them soon.

On an unrelated related note, Universal held a press conference last week while I was there and announced a major expansion to their CityWalk area. They will be adding eight new themed restaurants... all of which will be opened within the next year.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Capt. Jacks completely gone now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast