Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Beyond the Parks Discuss TR: The Holy Land Experience (Orlando, FL), 4/9/05 in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Kimpossible Well, you can always start a parade by just having people follow you around. Disney, Sea World, and Universal can't prevent anyone from entering their park ...
    shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpossible
    Well, you can always start a parade by just having people follow you around. Disney, Sea World, and Universal can't prevent anyone from entering their park if they are peaceful. If they are with a group, it doesn't matter either.
    My managers at the Grand Floridian were asking for CM's to help with crowd control and merchandise when I worked there 2002. No costumes, but paid.

Just saying. . . .how can you get paid by Disney for working at a "non-sanctioned" event?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    but do they shut down the parks at night for gay days like they do for night of joy? it is my understanding that the parks generally function as normal on gay days. i totally understand wanting more employees to work that day because it is going to be more crowded than usual that day. crowd control and merchandise assistance is a bit different than hiring openly gay artists to sing about their gayness.

i work at IKEA here in Minneapolis, and the schedules are done according to how busy we think it will be. Different events that occur in the cities will bring more people to our store. Now, we don't get nearly as many people as Disney World does (although on weekends we get between 13 and 18 thousand customers a day, which is quite a bit for a furniture store ). This weekend there is a Gay Pride festival in Minneapolis, and we are having additional people working because we anticipate that it will be busier than usual, and we want to accomodate the large amount of people who will be visiting the area. I'm assuming that is what Disney needed on Gay Days.

I did look at the Gay Days website, and it does not say they are having a Gay Pride Parade, just a parade. And last time I checked, Disney has parades on a daily basis. They could be described as gay (in the original meaning of the word).

By the way, the main sponsor of Gay Days is Anheuser-Busch. None of the sponsors are Disney.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

alalune042 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The parks function normally during NOJ. I would love to go. It's made for people with the same faith to meet/join together, just like Gay Days. I don't see what the big deal is. If they had jewish days, buddhist days...it wouldn't matter to me. Disney is trying to make something for everyone, sorry if it bothers you.
    NADIA

a dream is a wish your heart makes

BarryH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyA View Post
    This park does indeed sound like tourture!

How many times did you have to ride Hulk to get over this Barry??
    I think I rode it 3 times. Watching the "adult" features in the hotel helped too.
    Current coaster count: 382

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123