Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Favorite WDW Nighttime Attraction

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss Favorite Nighttime Attraction in the Vacation Planning forums; To coincide with our latest photo contest, tell us what your favorite nighttime attraction is at WDW ! (If it's not listed here, let me know and I'll add it!)...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Favorite Nighttime Attraction

To coincide with our latest photo contest, tell us what your favorite nighttime attraction is at WDW!

(If it's not listed here, let me know and I'll add it!)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, I picked Illuminations from the list and then got to thinking.............perhaps I should have selected "other" for the Adventurer's Club. Kongaloosh!!!
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Mag
    Well, I picked Illuminations from the list and then got to thinking.............perhaps I should have selected "other" for the Adventurer's Club. Kongaloosh!!!

the "other" for me would have been the Adventure's Club too
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    em??? what is the adventure club---another case of me not doing disney the best way i'd bet??i'm sure i must walk about WDW with my eyes shut
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    the adventurers club is at pleasure island which is really fun even with kids

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I love all those nighttime things, but I chose "other" for just the ambiance of WDW at night. The darkness just takes the magic to a new level. The lights, the sounds, and even the smells (especially on Main Street in the MK) make WDW an experience second to none. I even like riding the Monorail and buses better at night. I wonder what the AK would be like at night? Scary?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hey Lou, how come you didn't have the Main Street Electrical Parade?

(Lou asks himself since that was his favorite nighttime parade)
    Lou Mongello

i've only been to pleasure island once --when on honeymoon in '97 and we went to the comedy club and mannequins i can't recall ever hearing of the adventurers club---whats the theme there,or what is it like?............talking about pleasure island i had an unbelievable experience there by the way.....my wife and i were staying at the holiday inn sunspree and we took a cab up to downtown disney and went exploring....anyway i went to buy a beer and was asked for ID ...anyway i was 26 years old but the server needed an ID which i didn't have so i went back to the taxi lot-grabbed a cab and went back to the hotel and picked up my passport(i thought it was worth the effort as we were on honeymoon)and returned with my wife and my own passports....a couple of hours later and we were ready to go home so we proceeded to the taxi lot and a hispanic guy directed us to his cab.we jumped in and the guy walked around to the drivers side when suddenly the door opened and a big guy with a beard and moustache,longish hair and an attitude started to shout and argue with this little guy about how he was stealing his fare!!! my wife and i were there for our first trip and we were a little scared ..anyway these guys just about came to blows--- but then in came a state trooper(from no-where as well) on his motorbike and diffused the situation while we got out and boarded another cab.....never again i tell you... i thought i had joined one of those mad movies you watch now and again ----you just wouldn't imagine that could happen at disney especially for a 7 dollar fare!!!.......... it seemed that the small guy was not a designated or authorised disney patron and was chancing his luck!!what a night that was. i kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Epcot man... there are no fights in Disney... it was just a staged show with Cast Members
    Lou Mongello

no really lou this was for real --either that or i was taken for a big ****er--we were genuinely scared

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    It's amazing what they can do with Audio-Animitronics nowadays!!!!

BTW-I voted for Fantasmic since I have never been to the Adventurers Club and Lou neglicted to include the MSEP on the voting list.
    Last edited by ToddBreakey; 08-16-2004 at 03:25 PM.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by epcot man
    i've only been to pleasure island once --when on honeymoon in '97 and we went to the comedy club and mannequins i can't recall ever hearing of the adventurers club---whats the theme there,or what is it like?............talking about pleasure island i had an unbelievable experience there by the way.....my wife and i were staying at the holiday inn sunspree and we took a cab up to downtown disney and went exploring....anyway i went to buy a beer and was asked for ID ...anyway i was 26 years old but the server needed an ID which i didn't have so i went back to the taxi lot-grabbed a cab and went back to the hotel and picked up my passport(i thought it was worth the effort as we were on honeymoon)and returned with my wife and my own passports....a couple of hours later and we were ready to go home so we proceeded to the taxi lot and a hispanic guy directed us to his cab.we jumped in and the guy walked around to the drivers side when suddenly the door opened and a big guy with a beard and moustache,longish hair and an attitude started to shout and argue with this little guy about how he was stealing his fare!!! my wife and i were there for our first trip and we were a little scared ..anyway these guys just about came to blows--- but then in came a state trooper(from no-where as well) on his motorbike and diffused the situation while we got out and boarded another cab.....never again i tell you... i thought i had joined one of those mad movies you watch now and again ----you just wouldn't imagine that could happen at disney especially for a 7 dollar fare!!!.......... it seemed that the small guy was not a designated or authorised disney patron and was chancing his luck!!what a night that was. i kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh my!!! You must be careful of independent taxi drivers. They have been known to take unsuspecting tourists every which way to make a few extra dollars at WDW. For that matter, the company drivers do that too sometimes. It is always best to ask what the approximate fare will be before s/he starts the meter.

There is a chance you and your bride could be in the next Disney blockbuster movie--Pirates of Pleasure Island!!! Congratulations by the way.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Pipper is offline B-Ticket Holder
    EPCOT Man,

Sorry you had to see "Animitronics gone bad". I haven't seen that here in your fine country - not even at Madame Toussad's!.

Great place to Honeymoon though. My wife and I did 15 years ago in Disney World (MGM had just opened that same summer - it was so crowded we couldn't get in! and AK didn't exist yet)!

Anyway - favorite nightime activity is riding Splash Mountain while the fire works are going off!

Make sure you have a Guiness for me at the Rose and Crown - Cheers!

Pipper

sorry jiminy i meant to include the fact that was back in '97.it is a memory that will stay tho' because looking back it is kinda funny --but not at the time ,i can say!!!

p.s

pipper if you're anywhere near disney in september or any other time you're coming "up north" to Jockland --i'd be more than happy to buy you a beer or two

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast