Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Universal Studios Annual Pass Question in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi guys. My girlfriend and I are going to Universal Studios in Hollywood and she has an annual pass for Universal Studios - Orlando. We were wondering if any of ...
    DONALD2210 is offline A-Ticket holder

Universal Studios Annual Pass Question

Hi guys. My girlfriend and I are going to Universal Studios in Hollywood and she has an annual pass for Universal Studios - Orlando. We were wondering if any of you guys know if her annual will be good for Hollywood also. We know that Disney Annuals don't work that way. We've looked online and can't find anything that answers our question. We'd really appreciate anything that you think could be of some help. Thanks again!

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    Typical of Universal...Anyway, I believe that Universal does the same thing as Disney, thier annual passes are good only at one place, Hollywood or Orlando. Just be sure to have 20 forms of identification, such as birth certificate, drivers license, social security card, two pay checks, and oh yeah your first born with all of the above in order for those jerks to allow you into their parks. Sorry to be soooooo mean about them but I had a VERY VERY bad experience with them and will never go again.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    Sorry to be soooooo mean about them but I had a VERY VERY bad experience with them and will never go again.
    I remember that story! It's too bad, too. I've never had any real problem with Universal (except for their awful anti-Disney advertising campaign), but IoA is actually a very cool park. I just don't like it as much as Disney, that's all.

Anyway Donald, back to you. I was a Universal Studios Orlando 2-park AP holder at one point myself, and although I'm not 100% positive, I'm fairly certain it was only good for admission to US Orlando and Islands of Adventure. Hope that helps answer your question.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

BarryH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Universal Studios Hollywood APs are only good at Universal Studios Hollywood. Universal Orlando APs are only good at Universal Orlando. Neither the two shall mix. Think of it in terms of Disney...can you use a WDW AP at DL, DLP, or TDL? Sure can't!
    Current coaster count: 382

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Just as a random tidbit, I heard on the radio today that when you buy a Universal Annual pass now, you get three months free, so you get a 15 month pass as an annual pass instead of a year!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I had my Universal Orlando AP back in '03, didn't have any passes in '04, then by '05 I got myself a Disney Seasonal Pass and then a Disney Annual Pass this year for '06. I got some sort of an ad or discount flyer or something from Universal in '04 when they wanted me to get a new pass after the first one expired, but it wasn't anything of any substantial value if I remember correctly. But then the one they sent me the next year '05, was VERY tempting. In fact, if I hadn't already purchased my Disney Seasonal Pass and had plans to upgrade to AP the following year, I probably would have jumped on it. They were offering me 2 full years, with no blockout dates, for the price of a regular Annual Pass. Those ran at around $200-250 if I remember correctly. That was a pretty darn good deal!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...