Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Downtown Disney Movie Theater in the Vacation Planning forums; Question: Has anyone ever been to the movie theater at Downtown Disney for opening night/weekend for a Disney Movie? We are wondering if they do anything special for it. Cars ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Downtown Disney Movie Theater

Question: Has anyone ever been to the movie theater at Downtown Disney for opening night/weekend for a Disney Movie? We are wondering if they do anything special for it. Cars is opening the night we arrive.

Thanks for your input ahead of time!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was there for the opening of a Bug's Life when I did the College Program. I don't remember if them doing anything huge. I do remember that we wore shirts and accessories to the movie because we loved the characters so much before the movie even came out. I think they had special drinks and candy that werebug themed and they were giving away posters and stickers. I would call the theatre and ask to speek to speak to the promotions manager or regular manager. Have fun
    Annual Passholder.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Well, I was there for the opening night of Freddy Vs. Jason, and I really wish I'd paid to see something else.........

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My wife and I are seeing Pirates this Friday at the PI AMC, and I'm hoping they do something cool.

Is it bad that I want to see the ride remodel and the movie so badly that I rented a room at ASMusic? :P
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

Jedi_Galvatron is offline A-Ticket holder
    I did the opening of Valiant there last year and nothing was special about it, including the film. LOL

angloandy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Came to florida for two weeks at christmas and spent my wife Shells birthday watching Chronicles of Narnia at that cinema it was an amazing experience as we dont have as many screens at our local cinema, the children enjoyed it too.

Were Coming in October 2008 wahey!!

maclona is offline A-Ticket holder
    I hav seen PIRATES OF CARRIBEAN at PIAMC .........it was a nice experience......

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Not sure about WDW, but off the top of my head I think they once did a premier of Princess Diaries 2 at the Disneyland AMC Theater once. Other than that, I don't think Disney films actually get any special treatment here on the west coast. Of course you can be guaranteed that if there's a Disney film in general release it will be playing at DL DTD, but there are no special events, lobby displays, freebies, etc.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    No we never stopped in there. Friends have & did see a movie but not sure it was a opening movie. Sorry.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    DH and DD went to AMC at DTD for the opening weekend of the lastest Bond movie. Nothing special happened, but then it wasn't a Disney movie either. We go to AMC for all our movies since it's the closest one to our house. DD and I went to see Nixon/Frost last night. West side was VERY busy. Even parking lot 5 looked to be very full. Our movie cost $7.00 each; just in case you were wondering.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Downtown Disney Movie Theater

NO openings.No movies at all.We've never been to any movies while on vacation.We always find many other things to do,even if we have to or choose to leave the property.We watch our movies on Disney channel or DVDs only.But that's just us.Although when my wife and I were in London back in 1985,we went to a London theater on Baker St. and watched a movie called;get this:Lost in America,with Julie Haggerty and I believe Albert Brooks.Have to go all the way to London,just to see a movie about America.ha ha
    Last edited by Park Hopper Dad; 04-13-2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Park Hopper Dad!