Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Beyond the Parks Discuss Mouse Surplus in the Vacation Planning forums; So has anyone ever been? I'm actually planning on going in October to check it out. Just wondered if anyone has been and what they thought of it, etc. :-)...
    MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...

Mouse Surplus

So has anyone ever been?

I'm actually planning on going in October to check it out.

Just wondered if anyone has been and what they thought of it, etc. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

brian666 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i tried to find the place and drove all the way out by the airport and after an hour of looking for it and winding up in orlando i gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by brian666 View Post
    i tried to find the place and drove all the way out by the airport and after an hour of looking for it and winding up in orlando i gave up.
    I noticed on their website that they have directions to it provided by google. You can type in your starting address and then it gives you directions to it. It says its near the airport, but really it's not as close as they claim it is according to their directions.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

i called them up from my hotel and they got me lost big time if i had a computer i would ve done map quest all in all it was my last day ther and i did not feel like driving anymore but i wouldve like to see it judging by their website and stuff they sell on ebay.knowing me i would have had a snow white car on my mini van

I saw they have lots of old cars there for sale... including some on their ebay store... like the horizons one. That amused me.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

So I went to Mousesurplus this past Friday, and it was definitely amazing. They had some great deals due to bedroom sets, tables, and chairs.

I'm actually going to buy the starter stuff for my Condo when I get it. They had dressers for 150 bucks from Ft. Wilderness and the Polynesian. They had an entire bedroom set (10 piece I think, lamps, sheets, everything) for 500 bucks. It was REALLY nice. It's highly amusing. It is definitely a great spot to check out whenever you are in the area. I'd totally suggest it.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Does anyone have some GOOD directions to get to this place from say... East I4?? I SOOO want to check this out. ESPECIALLY if there was something from Horizons there. OMG!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJen View Post
    Does anyone have some GOOD directions to get to this place from say... East I4?? I SOOO want to check this out. ESPECIALLY if there was something from Horizons there. OMG!
    They do have a horizons car in the showroom. Just go to mousesurplus.com and get directions from their website. They have a "locate us" button and then they also have a "get directions" button where you can type in your address and it will give you directions directly to it. The most direct way to it is the beeline, but there are other ways to get to it also. :-)
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

bought a door from the tommorrowland transit aut car which i gave to my son cause it is his favorite ride

Quote Originally Posted by brian666 View Post
    bought a door from the tommorrowland transit aut car which i gave to my son cause it is his favorite ride
    How much did you have to spend on that? If you don't mind sharing. I'm very curious if a trip is even worth it for me.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I purchased an armoire from them on Ebay for over $300 and my husband went to pick it up from their "warehouse" in Detroit. It wasn't even a warehouse, it was an old church or theater of some sort in a bad neighborhood. He called me from the place to tell me that there wasn't a single armoire that didn't have something seriously wrong with it! There were drawers falling out, doors falling off, large cracks, and they smelled like alcohol. I've asked for a refund, so we'll have to see how long it will take to get my money back. Bottom line: Don't buy something from them without seeing it first.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

Quote Originally Posted by hgraber View Post
    I purchased an armoire from them on Ebay for over $300 and my husband went to pick it up from their "warehouse" in Detroit.
    Something doesn't sound right there because the only Mouse Surplus I know of has a single warehouse in Orlando. Sounds fishy to me... maybe that's why it was in such bad shape?

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Something doesn't sound right there because the only Mouse Surplus I know of has a single warehouse in Orlando. Sounds fishy to me... maybe that's why it was in such bad shape?

Many of the sales on their Ebay store have item locations of Detroit/Orlando/Los Angeles. Apparently, the Detroit location is only a "warehouse." It is the actual Mouse Surplus. You can check it out yourself: http://stores.ebay.com/Mouse-Surplus...dZ2QQpZ4QQtZkm but I don't suggest bidding on anything. They still have not replied in regard to the refund after 4 days. When I was asking questions about the armiore because I was interested in buying one, they were emailing me immediately-AT 1AM! Apparently, they aren't as interested in customer service when someone isn't pleased. It's sad because I know they are percieved as a reputable company with Disney fans. I know, I'm one of them.

Here's the link to the armoire I won. http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Grand-Cal...QQcmdZViewItem They're running another auction for one of the other 25 or so they have. As you can see, they describe the item as having "normal wear." I do not consider huge cracks, doors falling off and drawers not staying in as normal wear.

I can't speak of the quality of the items at the other warehouses, but there was not a single piece that was in usable quality at the Detroit warehouse. (If I were to venture a guess as to the reason Disney sold these, I would say it was because they were damaged in the room and had to be removed.) Thank goodness I didn't pay the $600+ for shipping!!!
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

I was at their warehouse in Orlando, and the stuff was in EXCELLENT condition. So I just blame it on the warehouse. I'm actually planning on going to possibly buy a bedroom set from them in the Orlando Warehouse. They let you pick out your exact armoire. I was highly impressed. Maybe the Detroit Warehouse just damanged them on the way shipping there because in the Orlando Warehouse, while the Warehouse is nothing special all the merchandise was in amazing condition.
    - Jeanne

Aulani - September 2011

Well I'm in the same boat... If I do ever buy from them it'll be because I go there and look before I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast