Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Beyond the Parks Discuss Halloween Horror Nights Rant in the Vacation Planning forums; I went to HHN this past weekend and I was pretty dissapointed. It only reaffirmed me of how much more of a Disney person I am! First I am on ...
    aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!

Halloween Horror Nights Rant

I went to HHN this past weekend and I was pretty dissapointed. It only reaffirmed me of how much more of a Disney person I am! First I am on my way there (I live in Orlando, so it's not that far), but I realize I have to pay to park--I never do at Disney because of my annual pass. I had only brought about $25 for one dinner and drinks (my boyfriend works there and told me they make people throw out water bottles before going into the houses) seeing as I wasn't going to be at the park for long. $10 of it went to parking in a very unorganized lot by a very unenthused parking attendent.

Don't get me wrong, the scareactors (people who work in the haunted houses) were great and so nice- primarily because most of them are college kids having the time of their life and getting paid for it! But the normal employees of the park pale in comparison to Disney's famous hospitality. Everytime I needed to buy something or ask an employee a question, they would either be extremely short with me or totally distracted by someone in the background. How rude! The same thing happened to me as I went to GradBash earlier on in the year!

The prices are more expensive than Disney too, and the quality of food? Pshhht. I love me some fried, good ol' American food at Disney, but the same food at Universal just tasted like a bad trip to Burger King. On average, my friends and I paid about $12 for a less-than-par meal and a semi-flat drink. Since everything was so expensive and the employees were so incredibly dissmissive, it really put a damper on how I feel about Universal.

If you're thinking about going this year, I would suggest you save your money for next year. I love Haunted Houses and all the scary things of the like, but for the money you're paying for a few hours in the park, it could've been more intense! I always heard Universal goes all out to scare you; playing on your worst fears (even hiding the scareactors in the bathrooms!), but I just didn't get that feeling this year. Maybe next year will be better when they don't cram all the houses into one park.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get it out somewhere!!!!

Carry on, Disney fans!!!!
    Tina

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    If you go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, even if you have an AP, you still have to pay for parking. I have a Disney Annual Pass, and it's not good for parking since you can't use your AP to get in.

I've had a bad Universal Experience, so I only go there when I'm really motivated to.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Yeah, I can't go to MNSSHP this year. That's interesting about the parking- I didn't know you still had to pay! What I meant in my thing was that I'm so used to going to Disney and not having to pay that I completely forgot about it when I was almost there. Ack!
    Tina

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have never had to pay to get in with an annual pass for Mickeys Not so scary halloween party. I have gone the past 4 years and not once been ask to pay at all.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

angloandy is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never paid for parking at MNSSHP the last two years either but then I am from the UK and had free parking at Disney parks for the two weeks of my holidays, so I suppose thats cheating, I must say I prefer Disney to Universal too.

Were Coming in October 2008 wahey!!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    If you come in during the party you have to pay. Because your AP doesn't get you into the party. However, if you drive in before the party starts and the park is still open, you won't have to pay.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

BarryH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hmmm...I had a different experience with HHN this year. I thought it was the best I've seen in years. OK, food is pricey, but so is Disney's. Pfffftttt! No really, I did the VIP tour, so I saw things from a different perspective. I didn't have to wait in the 75 to 90 minute lines that we walked past. We got to go into the uber-secret VIP tour entrance with a few minute wait.

Since crowds tend to be huge at HHN, it requires careful planning to do it. But if you do Stay and Scream and hit the haunted houses early, you can have fun. And don't eat at Mel's Diner unless you have Kayopectate.
    Current coaster count: 382

Ehh, I don't really care. And I don't really care to go back again, sorry.
    Tina

I'm going there this year. almost went last year. They even have scareacteres in the bathroom?! LOL!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?