Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Blue Prints Table Discuss - VMKMM's Splash Mountain- in the Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) forums; Well from the looks of it, it seems I've caused enough excitement over this. Of course as most of you VMK fans know by now (I'm last to know ), ...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service

- VMKMM's Splash Mountain-

Well from the looks of it, it seems I've caused enough excitement over this.

Of course as most of you VMK fans know by now (I'm last to know ), our Trivia Team was able to come together and work out a plan to make a ride that would be unsurpassable in measures and would be able get highest notarity (MAIN PAGE!! ). Yep that's right, I'm talking about..

-The Virtual Haunted Mansion-

and now a new ride is in the works that will be extremely challenging to anyone who's interested in participating in the build. Our first extreme success was rather easy because VMK offers a wide variety of HM deco, and that's about it next to a few Frontierland items (like birdhouses would be sweet or vultures ). Birdhouses?! For what?

For Team Trivia's Splash Mountain!

"Dude people can read this, and they'll copy it." you say?

I'm not one bit worried about this, and I think there's a few splash rides in VMK already, but there's one thing we have that will make our version OWN.. and that's the 40+ briar stones I have!

"What do I need to do?" you ask?

for now, here are the ground rules to get started:

create a storage room for brown crates, green tables, and red barrel chairs.
    (I wanted to go with brown barrel chairs but they'd match the brown crate foundation too much and blue barrel chairs are too expensive. Brown crates and green tables should be self explanatory lol)

Present 1 room that you own that you want to design a "track" for Splash Mountain into.

Once rooms and ride is completed, it must remain the same with the exception of moving decorations around though keep in mind, they block chairs very easily (like trees).

The idea here is to give all of us an active part on this ride with ownership of our very own section. Keeping the track, chairs, and landscapes uniform is vital for this project to reach very high standards meaning, keep the track\"logs" and mountain the same color.

So now here it is, the ball has started rolling! Now what we need is some Splash Mountain fanatics to possibly research the attraction and perhaps, post here the track layout or sequence of scenes.

No rush gang, we're looking to get all in sync around "Turkey Time" but just remember, this will be (another) awesome creation that will come to life, so don't let it pass you by!

More to come!

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I can collect some chairs, now that I am done buying those stinking costumes!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey I want in on this. Even though I'm in VMK more during the morning than night but you guys are more than welcome to my three rooms and anything furniture I have just let me know what I need to do.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

I am so excited!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    ok, i have another question

What kind of room do you want?

don't really know what would work best, seeing there are no splash mountain guest rooms available right now, though i hear one is in the works

for now I'll stand aside, and hope that some of you post here the scene order\sequence of the ride, that way we could see what rooms would work best for each scene... (like a space room for when your in the cave-like area and the chipmunks/beavers are popping out of holes..)

until then, I recomend anyone who wants in to start a brown crate\ red barrel chair garage for when the big build finally comes around.

Like would you do the HM room for the climb to the top with the vultures?

I Have alot of Explorer Tent rooms too if you want.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Ok I dont know the seqeunce of the ride very well. I've only ridden it three times in my life. But...
    are you talking about the space room because it is dark looking for a tunnel?
    I don't know, this is just my opinion, but wouldn't the space room kind of make it look out of theme or whatever.
    Does that make sense?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    are you talking about the space room because it is dark looking for a tunnel?
    I don't know, this is just my opinion, but wouldn't the space room kind of make it look out of theme or whatever.
    Does that make sense?

yes it does. And what won't make sense, is that VMK offers no type of Splash Mountain decorations or items. So we'll pretty much have to work with what we got, but keep in mind the only thing that will seperate our mountain from others, is the insane amount of briars we as a team have been collecting so if you have a briar stone or see one in trade, try to grab it and you'll be paid by me for it.

I plan on building the loading area and the drop into the briar rooms. I'll build a track maybe this weekend and post pics of the basics on how to build a sweet track and how to elevate a room properly. Easy stuff.

so again, someone please step up and find a good Splash Mountain fan site or a links that describe the scene order.. I'd do it, but I'm in lazy mode.

Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    I Have alot of Explorer Tent rooms too if you want.

If SM is a success, we might put Jungle Cruise on the blue prints table, so hang on to those.. way down the line though.

crashbunny is offline Moderator

the last one had the whole ride on video - link doesnt work anymore

though you could see what its like

and those of us who have never been on it cuold see what we have to build

(someone is taking me on it in December )
    Last edited by crashbunny; 11-01-2005 at 08:01 PM.

i found this with video in it

scroll down to find it

http://www.wdwinfo.com/pictures.htm

another on that has the whole thing on video

but you have to join the site

I downloaded it (but its huge)

for those of us who are too lazy

What are the briar stones? So I know what I am looking for.....

Your right that there are no good Splash Mountain rooms, I guess I would just use the frontierland ones because it seems to fit the most.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast