Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Blue Prints Table Discuss New Build Restriction?? in the Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) forums; Curious!!! While adding furnishings to my next river addition I had this message pop up on me - I am in the Briar Patch room, and believe me - there ...
    Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..

New Build Restriction??

Curious!!! While adding furnishings to my next river addition I had this message pop up on me - I am in the Briar Patch room, and believe me - there is not nearly as much stuff in here as I have built up in other rooms in the past.

I am wondering if this is a new change that has been made - and if so - any future team ride builds may be seriously hindered by it!!!

Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    Oh I hope that's just a mess up
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    wow I wonder if that is why i have been having so much trouble inventorying everything in each room - i kept getting bounced out of my own rooms last night

Just curious Joanne how may items was it that got you the message?

LadyDooley is offline A Wishing Apple?
    Nooooooouuuu!!!!
    I hope it was just because they were working on something else!
    Dude! Could you imagine?
    I dont even want to think about it!

Loves First Kiss!

Marie,

Hey girl - good to see you!!!! Are you home yet - or still overseas???

Anyway, not exactly sure how many items were in the room - but I had a complete layer of tables covering the floor, and two half layers of tables, a bunch of crates and six or seven pieces of river.

I took a bunch of stuff back out - but I plan on placing everything back and counting how many items there are. I hope that this was a fluke - it seriously messes up my plans for my river addition!!
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

home finally - bad jet lag - and last nite Dad took a fall - ended up in the hospital - i stayed home to get some sleep - he's got some stitches and he's pretty scraped up- now we have to take him to another doctor- it doesnt seem to end...

I am so glad to be home - just need to reset my body clock

I kept trying to get into my rooms today - it is really slow - are they changing things on us ?

Glad to see you too

was wanting to see the pirate ride - but never could stay awake long enough for some one to show me

the monster inc maze is great good job !!

Marie - sorry sorry to hear about Dad - you are both in my prayers!!

I just took an inventory of the stuff in the room and was able to reproduce the error - next step is to remove all items and place them in another room and see if maybe it is just the briar room with that error.

Here is what I had in the room:

74 Purple Tables
    41 Crates
    4 River Teleporters
    3 River Deep
    2 River Shallow Start
    1 River Turn Right

Total of 125 items in room

As you can see - not nearly as much as has been used in the past in other builds...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

I'll check some my build rooms when i get back

I just tested placing all the same items in a Skull Rock room, and I got the same error after trying to place the 126th item.

I know for a fact that in the past I have had more items than that in a Skull Rock room, as I have stocked several eeyores worth of crates and tables.

I think that this limit thing really "socks" and puts a big damper on my future river build...
    Last edited by Dumbogal; 01-17-2006 at 03:45 PM.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    uh oh team trivia rides might not go so well now eek.
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    74 tables and 41 crates does sound extreme. The only room of any of our builds that amount to that I'd say is the "Grave yard" of -VHM-.

Oh build master, you think so huh?? I just went into my "How Do You Do" room for Splash and this is the count of items I came up with:

48 Crates
    63 Tables
    27 Barrel Chairs
    7 Palm Trees
    7 Hippo Pools
    4 Tiki Fountain
    3 Teleporters
    3 Pirate Stool Sticks
    2 Fire Windows
    2 Lanterns
    1 Shower
    1 Trough

Total: 165 Items!! (give or take a few)

So I think for now it is a safe move for any of the people who own any rooms within team rides to not touch anything in them!!!! Who knows what will happen!!
    Last edited by Dumbogal; 01-17-2006 at 05:47 PM.
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

I am so sorry that this is happening. I feel for you peeps. I hope VMK is only holding this temporary, cause for the time I was a ride builder, The rides we built were a majority of stuff, but made it all worth while.
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    *ATTENTION!*

***TO ALL EXSISTING BUILDERS WITH SECTIONS***

VMK has implemented a limit on items in rooms. PLEASE, DO NOT alter your sections in any way! You will not be able to add any more to sections (thank God we finished pirates before this!) and if you take items out of a ride section, the item will NOT be able to be put back in. Doing so can pretty much destroy an entire, exsisting, ride.

Thanks, and please spread the word to all of our builders.

Great detective work Friend!
    Last edited by Tampa; 01-17-2006 at 06:18 PM.

King Tryton is offline What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?
    Thanks again VMK for restricting our fun builds! I think someone in the VMK planning Dept. should be out looking for new work. I hear they have an attendant opening in the main parking lot. Oops! Sorry you can't visit the park today we can only fit 125 cars!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast