Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Would you like to join Dizpinfriend's team?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

18 85.71%
  • I'm on another team, or I would!

0 0%
  • I'd like to lead my own project.

1 4.76%
  • I can donate!

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Blue Prints Table Discuss Official DWT EE Ride Competition Sign Up Form. in the Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) forums; Diz did you watch the film?...
    adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    Diz did you watch the film?
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    - STOCKING UPDATE -

Right now anyone who has signed up will need to stock up on the following two items:

60+ Purple tables
    40 gray crates

It's important for all of us to keep in mind that we'll most likely see EE furnishings along with the ride pieces, so our main stocking concerns need to be focused on landscaping materials and incline/drops and their needs.

building normally follows a step by step process that works well when done as followed:

-landscaping/terrains
    -track placements
    -themes

Friend and I will help all builders with terrain and track placements and leave the theming out part and touch ups to each builders imagination. This rule has not been approved by the master yet, but it has worked well in my own experiences in leading.

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    got the crates, the tables well I'll have to start all over with that again, I'm sure I have them if I tare down my curent ride and stop building my new ride. but call me dumb but I'm really not wanting to do that now. So I'll just start stocking up on the tables again. It will take me no time I believe
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Big Thanks to my right hand man Joey (oh wait - you are kinda short a right hand) Ok Big thanks to my Left Hand Man Joey!!!! Sorry dude, could not resist!!

Anyway, yeah, what he said!!

It's early, and I am in a club with very loud women and very loud music - I just want to go home and go back to sleep...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    also plan on Everest rooms being out by then. *hint hint*
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

well folks... after watching the ride-through vid about 20 times, and I can safely say it will take 11 solid rooms to build a replica of the real thing. That's a solid stretch of the entire track without being too excessive. This includes all aspects of the ride that I wont mention now, but it will be a huge challenge to match these key features.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    well folks... after watching the ride-through vid about 20 times, and I can safely say it will take 11 solid rooms to build a replica of the real thing. That's a solid stretch of the entire track without being too excessive. This includes all aspects of the ride that I wont mention now, but it will be a huge challenge to match these key features.
    Problem is that 13 people have already said yes to wanting to build...
    VMK ADDICT!

That's Me!

GlamorousTink is offline B-Ticket Holder
    So do each of us have to have 60 purple tables and 40 gray crates for each room? If so, I'll start stocking up.

King Tryton is offline What time does the 3 o'clock parade start?
    Borrowed From Trendymagic:
    This gives a first hand account of the ride with additional details.

The que and surrounding area is great and very well detailed. Lots to look at when you are in line. The statue of the Yeti holding the mountain can be found all around the attraction and that area of the park. The Yeti is holding up the mountain in his left hand and pushing back unwanted visitors with his right hand to protect the mountain.

Just like the Haunted Mansion, Everest has many faces watching you at all times. The Yeti is carved into everything.

You will have to wait longer to sit in the front two seats but it is worth it at least once. If coasters are not for you, sit in the middle areaHere is my review of EE.

Overall: B

Themeing: A+

The que and surrounding area is great and very well detailed. Lots to look at when you are in line. The statue of the Yeti holding the mountain can be found all around the attraction and that area of the park. The Yeti is holding up the mountain in his left hand and pushing back unwanted visitors with his right hand to protect the mountain.

Just like the Haunted Mansion, Everest has many faces watching you at all times. The Yeti is carved into everything.

You will have to wait longer to sit in the front two seats (seperate line) but it is worth it at least once. If coasters are not for you, sit in the middle area it seems to be the calmest of the areas to ride.

Once you leave the station you climb the first small lift. The lift speed is fairly quick. This lift is short and dumps you into a calm little area where you can see one of two waterfalls from the mountain. Now its time for the big hill. Again the lift is very quick. Detailing here is extreme as you would expect of Disney. The little village you can see from the ground is detailed inside to include another picture/drawing of the Yeti among other things. The view of AK/WDW is decen from here. Once to the top don't expect anything fast or sudden. A small drop (under 10 ft) and a quick turn take you to the backside of the mountain. This is where you make your first stop as the track in front of you is twisted apart. This is where the front row seat gets a great view. You can not only see WDW landmarks, but downtown Orlando as well. One DIsney detail here that does not get really noticed is the 'bird'. Not sure what bird it is but it seems to hover at the mountain peak on the left side of the train. Suddenly you hear and feel thetrack giving way and the train start to move backwards increasing speed. You are now heading backwards into the mountain where it is pitch black and can not see a thing. You do apx two circles inside the mountain when your train stops in a fog/haze and you can see (animation) of the trains track being ripped apart by the Yeti. Without warning you are sent forward down a big drop and back into the mountain. -this drop is the one you can see from the pathway in front of the mountain- Once you go back into the mountain you are sent out the back side doing two more circles before being sent back into the mountain. Once back in the mountain you get to see the Yeti, for about 5 seconds. He is very large and impressive. Look to your upper right as you reenter for a few seconds longer view. The Yeti is tearing apart the track and is trying to knock the train your are in off the track. This AA creature is very lifelike and impressive. Once you exit the mountain you are back at the station.

The overall ride is not very fast or extreme on the thrill factor. It is the Disney storyline that make this a good ride. I was expecting more from the attraction. The onride photos are not yet operational. One cool thing to watch for is the track switch. If you are in the forward part of the train you are more likely to see it happen. The track lifts up, twist, then set back down.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    You can take me off the team and count on my to donate. I thinking my limited availability we only be a hindrance to the rest of you.

Edit: I changed the numbers on the poll to show a more accurate counts, though the list of names is incorrect.
    Last edited by Stitch; 01-29-2006 at 04:47 PM.

babysymone is offline B-Ticket Holder
    You can count on my! I would do anything for dizpinfriend & the rest of the team!

Jennifer
    Formally Babysymone on VMK
    Now Ilvpoohbear on VMK

I was talking to friend not to long ago and I have a good idea for the yeti involving some grey crates and blue tikis, so count on a picture in a few days time with a rough look.
    VMK ADDICT!

That's Me!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I've been stocking away!

sorry.. I read that wrong.

Last edited by Tampa; 01-29-2006 at 09:55 PM.

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    Hey Stitch -

I was just going through my friend requests and I accidentally deleted yours - My bad - find me again and I will get you on my list

Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast