Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Blue Prints Table Discuss Project: Expedition Everest! in the Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) forums; friend is your e-mail through aol? aol e-mail hates vmk (in other words aol e-mail accounts tend to not get e-mail from vmk)...
    dfreakace is offline Slowly Bringing Green Back Into Style
    friend is your e-mail through aol? aol e-mail hates vmk (in other words aol e-mail accounts tend to not get e-mail from vmk)
    VMK ADDICT!

VMK Name: Dfreakace
    Current Project: Going to lead a Mini -MM- Build

That's Me!

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..
    No Ace - my email is not AOL - and I have never had an issue with missing mail....

Somewhere a while back on the fan site - someone posted a contact phone number for a VMK help line - I just put a call in there - I have a contact name, and well, let's just say that Ms. Kaplan will not be left alone until I have an answer!!!

Joey - may I ask where you heard about these emails, and do you personally know of anyone that received one???

I do not want us all to freak out here...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    * raises right hand * I promise I won't freek out until a little later, will that work Friend
    I really am a Princess, hiding out in a not so fairy tale Life

The Eeyore Queen, the Lady with the list. The one the only Shayleen in VMK

805 Eeyores and growing

Thx Shayleen - I will give the go-ahead for freak-outs, if and when it becomes necessary
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay I will be down on Wednesday so let me know if I have to rough up some vmk central cast members.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

OK - Here is the deal - I just spoke with a VMK representative on the phone - Very Helpful - Apparently, our registration has been received and replied to... Weird, as I said - have never had email issues... (first time for everything)

Anyway - she is going to forward the message to me again via email (a different account) - and assured me that all is well with our registration!!!

OK - I can breathe again... I was really so scared that I let this awesome team down with some ***** up on my end...

Off to pick up my son from school - then back to VMK to buy up all of the Everest costumes...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay I will be down on Wednesday so let me know if I have to rough up some vmk central cast members.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

adisneyprincess is offline I'll be the next Disney Princess, you just wait and see
    ok no need to freek out than. LOL *hug* good job friend, I'll be on tonight to help with opeing, when do we open anyway?

805 Eeyores and growing

LOL never mind just relized I'm a week early. Gr. LOL

805 Eeyores and growing

Ok good all is well whew. Anyway our ride is going to R-O-C-K Rock.
    VMK ADDICT!

That's Me!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    thanks friend for going so far in depth with investigating.

other forums have threads on the issue, and many teams have been shot down. Popular reasons are alot of peeps put them self on 2 teams, botched room names, and of course.. builidng solo (ex: Ranch, Guest, Guest, Guest, Guest)

I figured it might have been my fault due to delaying my room titles.

Anyways, get ready to own this competition team.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    note: notice first post. Our build is still incomplete.

Well - As leader of this project - it was sort of my duty to get it figured out - even if it meant picking up a phone - which seems to have worked like a charm

Here is the email I just received:

Hello!

Your team's registration for the Everest Ride Competition has been received and accepted. As the Expedition Leader it is your role to make sure your team is ready to go and that the following rules are followed:
    * Each Expedition Party is to consist of no less than 6 and no morethan 20 members
    * The ride may not exceed 30 rooms in length
    * Players may only be on one Expedition Party
    * Each member of the Expedition Party must contribute at least one room to the ride
    * The Expedition Leader must be the owner of the Base Camp room, where the team's ride begins
    Your Expedition Party must have a name; choose carefully, it must be allowable in VMK and must fit into the Base Camp room name.
    The first room on the ride is your Base Camp. The name of the room must be "Base Camp", followed by the name of your team (example: Base Camp Dumbo).

Other rooms on the ride may have any name, although we do encourage the use of the team name; words such as Expedition and Everest are also encouraged but not required.

No "dictionary dances" are permitted in any Expedition Party room names (example: Base Camp Dumbo To is not allowed).

Now that your team's registration has been accepted, no changes may be made to team name or team membership. Changes will disqualify your team from the competition.

Only registered teams will be judged.

Judging will take place between the following times:

* Friday February 24, 2:30 - 8:30pm Pacific
    * Saturday February 25, 8:30am -7:30pm Pacific
    * Sunday February 26, 8:30am - 7:30pm Pacific
    The ride must be open to all Players during judging hours, for the duration of the event, regardless of when your team's ride is judged. Atleast one member of your Expedition Party must be present in Base Camp or the ride cannot be judged; it is up to you, as Expedition Leader, to coordinate coverage of the team's Base Camp.

All VMK Values will be strictly enforced.

We look forward to seeing your team's ride!

Regards,

Dizpinfriend on VMK

scorsese is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Good to hear that we're in!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    note: notice first post. Our build is still incomplete.
    Ranch I have been posting stuff on fansite as much as I can and I am offering a heck of a lot. I'm offering Green BETA Barrel Chair, Tent Room Code, and Safari Lifestyle collection. I am doing all I can and I really don't appreciate the snide comments because I am working my backside off for this and offering up my only beta and my only lifestyle poster. It's not like I don't care about this team because I'm sure offering up some stuff that I really like for the team. So please back off a little, I'm doing what I can.
    Last edited by dfreakace; 02-17-2006 at 05:41 PM.
    VMK ADDICT!

That's Me!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast