Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss CM Vanessa in the real world (Pottery Barn) in the Cast Members forums; I went shopping with my mother just yesterday. Well, actually, I made her take me to Barnes & Noble's so I can buy the big Imagineering book. After running into ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

CM Vanessa in the real world (Pottery Barn)

I went shopping with my mother just yesterday. Well, actually, I made her take me to Barnes & Noble's so I can buy the big Imagineering book. After running into 5 people there, my mother called me to meet her at Pottery Barn.

I sat down on one of the couches in the Pottery Barn shop and began reading my big Imagineering book. After a few minutes, an employee came up to me and said, "Hey! So, do you like Disney?"
    "Oh yes," I replied.
    "Well. Are you familiar with the Disney College Program?"
    This peaked my interest in what she had to say a lot.
    "Yeah, a bit," I replied, "I really want to do it soo badly!"
    "Oh, I highly recommend it. I just did it and it was a blast!"
    My eyes widened! I was speaking with a cast member!!
    "No way," I said! "What did you do there?!"
    She smiled and said, "Well, I worked in sales at Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom. It was so much fun. Every day I woke up, went to work. And it's really cool because you get to go into the underground corridors and everything. I got to put on my nice little costume every day and get to work in the park."
    I was fascinated by everything she had to say.
    She then continued to tell me that I could still work for the Disney company now at my age! She told me that there is a shop just north of here at Dolphin Mall called the Character Warehouse that, unlike most Disney Stores, the Disney Company is directly affiliated with that shop so if you work there you can get all the benefits from the company. She then went to her desk, got a piece of paper (It was a Disney paper btw. Just a little touch) and wrote down lots of contact information about the Disney College Program and she even put her own phone number down in case I had any questions!

Kudos to CM Vanessa! Making magic happen even in the "real world."
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Nice of her to take time to do that. Maybe we will see you there one day. ;-)