Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Barbie at the Poly 2005 in the Cast Members forums; I thank you all so much for starting this. We were at WDW in Nov 05 for our wedding. We were staying at the poly. Barbie was the CM who ...
    littleeep is offline A-Ticket holder

Barbie at the Poly 2005

I thank you all so much for starting this.

We were at WDW in Nov 05 for our wedding. We were staying at the poly. Barbie was the CM who checked us in. She was soooo sweet. Anyway....the day after our wedding, we had an aweful day. The lines were horrible because it was Super Soap Weekend, the parks were overcrowded, and all restauratns were booked for that evening. (We had been several times without having this problem. We weren't aware of the ability to make reservations by phone in advance.) So, we were hungry, we were crabby, the kids were crabby, and we were having minor disputes. Exhausted, we sat in the lobby trying to think of a plan. Barbie was leaving for the day and saw us sitting there looking unhappy. She approached us to see how we were and why we didn't look so happy. After hearing our dilemma, she said she would be right back. When she returned, we had reservations at O'Hana! I don't know how she did it, but I believe that she saved our just started marriage. She did all of this off the clock, too!

It was my intent to find out who I could write to explain what a truly Disney spirit Barbie had when we returned home. But, I never got around to it. When we went back in 2006, we tried to find her, but she was no longer at the Poly. We were told that she was working for the Dream Team. We both agreed that Barbie was the perfect CM to make guests dreams come true. Thank you to all of you posting at this forum. Next time I will be more prepared (with the appreciation cards) and now I know where I should send a letter in regards to barbie.
    LITTLEEEP

1996 Off property
    1997 Beach Club
    2002 Wilderness Lodge
    2005 Beach Club, Married at Sunset Point, Honeymoon at Poly
    2006 Beach Club, Grand Floridian
    July 2008 Wilderness Lodge
    Nov 2008 Poly, Yacht Club
    Feb 2009 ??? Any Suggestions?

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Thanks for sharing your story. It's a good reminder for the rest of us to make sure we give kudos for above and beyond cm service asap.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.