Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss When I was 17 in the Cast Members forums; My dad used to work for Florida Power and Light in the 80's. FP&L used to have a week at Disney called "Power Days" where FPL employees got a discount ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

When I was 17

My dad used to work for Florida Power and Light in the 80's. FP&L used to have a week at Disney called "Power Days" where FPL employees got a discount on admission to the Magic Kingdom. When I was 17 I went with my parents to this event. I thought I was too cool for the family scene and wore my Iron Maiden concert t-shirt as a symbol of my rebellion. Disney had a special location for FPL families on the top floor of the Columbia Harbour House and I begrudgingly accompanied my parents to this location for lunch.
    I sat alone in a corner in my 'maiden shirt oozing attitude because I was mad I had to be there. As I sat there a CM in a Dale costume walked over to me and gave me the "metal horns" hand sign. I had to laugh. I realized what a jacka** I was being and lightened up immediately. Kudos to whoever did this. This happened over 20 years ago but I still smile when I think of this incident.
    Last edited by elvistelth; 11-13-2008 at 12:21 PM.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Both my boyfriend and I are in our thirties and still rock the 'metal' look. We often wear our band shirts to the parks and I think the CM's like to see someone a little bit different to the usual family member! When we were last there we even got a character to pose for a photo making the 'horns'!!!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis