Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss When A 300 lb Gorilla cried tears of Happiness. in the Cast Members forums; I Know that for every cast member that has made my experience better they might not even know what they did and only think that they are doing their job. ...
    POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder

Red face When A 300 lb Gorilla cried tears of Happiness.

I Know that for every cast member that has made my experience better they might not even know what they did and only think that they are doing their job. I Do not know their names but there was two or three that spring to mind so I wanted to thank them openly.

In 2009 I was on a trip that I had promised myself to take and made good on. I took my Daughter just her and me. We had traveled there with my best friend his wife (pregnant) and two girls who I adore like they are my own. Also met up with friends who are DVC members.

On our first day we arrive, our room is not ready but my traveling companions was. It was hot in august and traveling all day with a three year old and not knowing what the pace was due to the large crowd I was frustrated. Out of no where a uniformed CM appears and tells me he is the house keeping manger and wants to help. I explain the dilemma of no room yet. In less than 15 seconds he was helping me my daughter to our room and we were settled and off to feed one hungry little girl. Thank you so much sir.

I planned to take my daughter to bippity boppity boutique and had bought her a costume, light-up wings, and wand so she could be Tinkerbell for a day. Our appointment was before the park was opened. We had to go through guest relations to get in and walk from the gate to the castle. The place was buzzing with dozens of fairy-godmothers in training.

From the time they called our name to the time we left my daughter sat like a princess and they took better care of my daughter than I could ever wish for. As the magic was being levied on my little girl I was there to help make decisions as to shoes and nail polish and lollipops to keep her occupied. She Got her hair done with an extension and make-up applied so well it looked as if she had none. She was more beautiful than I had ever seen her.

As my little girl went from the kid in the green dress to a princess with a gorilla for a footman, (me), I started to lose my composure. The tears started to flow a little and as a trick i was always taught to tap my nose with my palm to stop. Without missing a beat one of the CM's knew what I was doing and got right next to me and asked if i was Ok. I said just trying to stay composed and she looked at me and realized I was fighting back those my little girl is so pretty tears and grabbed my shoulder and said, "Every dad gets that way when they see their little girl as a Princess."

When she was all done she took my angel by the hand and walked her outside and for the first time ever I saw the Fairy Godmother Character and she was all alone and looked at my Megan and said "I have been waiting for you Princess" I was never more impressed. It really was like they did that just for me and My Megan.

To the Lady's at the BB-Boutique I can never thank you enough.
    This memory will always cause this Gorilla to well up.

"Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: When A 300 lb Gorilla cried tears of Happiness.

That story made me tear up lol, So glad you have so many good memories to share with your little princess in the future.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DisneyDad71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Raleigh, NC (formerly West Lafayette, IN)

WOW! What a GREAT moment for you! Thank you for sharing. I was popping my nose at the end!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Great story, thanks for sharing.

POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder

I think this kid is gonna be the next generation of disney fanatic she tends to find me right when I am disney dreaming and asks to go.
    Definitely dads little girl
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

and that im sure is perfectly fine with you... excellent story...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/