Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Cast Member Appreciation Forum in the Cast Members forums; A place to write stories (and Cast Members to read them) about CMs who really made our WDW experience Magical! The goal of this forum is for us to have ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Thumbs up Cast Member Appreciation Forum

A place to write stories (and Cast Members to read them) about CMs who really made our WDW experience Magical!

The goal of this forum is for us to have a place to write about special experiences with Cast Members during our visits. Please post only positive experiences in this forum.

Cast Members (CMs) work hard to make our visits magical, this is a place for us to write about and them to read about the fruits of their labors. I also write letters to WDW about them too, but they don't always hear that feedback, so this is a more immediate way for them to get feedback.

It is also a place to suggest things that we can do to make a CM's day!

Please give out the URL to this forum liberally!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Great idea Lou. The CMs at the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are some of the best, especially when they are in character.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

viks is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Great idea Lou. The CMs at the Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror are some of the best, especially when they are in character.
    Ive often wondered how they go about recruiting for that, "creepy cm wanted, must look a bit dodgy", i know most of its acting but they really did looks like someone you would want to avoid!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Wheee, thanks for putting this up here Lou!

I am glad we can now have a place to rave about our favorite CM's!

As soon as I feel better I will start posting the many stories I have built up!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Actually, thanks to MommytoMJM for this great idea!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Awwww, thanks Lou! I hope to be feeling better soon so I can post some examples of stories.....unfortunately, MJ now has a fever of 102, so it may be another few days, sigh!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10

Thanks Bonny!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thanks Bonny!
    You are welcome!

We just have so many AWESOME experiences with CM's we love to talk about them!

nanna is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking i miss yall

:mickey: hey i found u on this tread that im now apart of. i miss yall very much!!!! tell mj that i miis her and love her very much!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Wheee, thanks for putting this up here Lou!

I am glad we can now have a place to rave about our favorite CM's!

As soon as I feel better I will start posting the many stories I have built up!

MagicLists is offline A-Ticket holder
    You know I have to say in my many experiences at WDW I have not had a single bad experience with a cast member!! What company can you think of that has a track record like that? It just goes to show what a little extra work from your employees brings to the table, and I would be lying if I said I didn't compare most experiences with WDW.

Great job team, you deserve A Million Gold Stars!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Ok, I'll start. My wife and I stayed at the POFQ and we were way in the back. Every morning when we set out for the bus stop, the same CM would stop and give us a ride to the bus stop on his golf cart. He would always insist that he was "going that way" and that we would be walking for miles in the parks so why not ride when we could. And I hate to say it, but his name escapes me now. Maybe we'll run into him the next time we go.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    During our trip to Disney this past weekend it was great and I want to tell everyone about Dan at Epcot at the booth where they sell the trees from the lab and set up the behind the scenes tour.WE were looking for a Red wood tree sapling and the day before they had none.We took the hydroponics tour and saw a man in the lab during the tour.Later my daughter asked him if they had any more red woods and he had just brought some in and smiled and turned one around to her.And then gave her three more choices.WE bought one.He was very kind and was a great big help. We appreciate you Dan and Thanks!!!!!
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Then on our last day at Disney in MGM we were getting ready to leave to come home my daughter was again looking for a baby simba to buy and we couldn't go back to animal kingdom.My daughter ask KAYLA( in the store on hollywood blvd. where the build your patato heads.)if she had any.She took the time out to go and look since there were none out on display.It took her about 5 mintues and brought back a whole bag of them.She saved the day!!!! We were unable to go back to get the baby simba and she found some.Thank you so much for doing that,we didn't have to leave and have her disappointed.
    Thank You!!!!!!!
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    My appreciation goes out to Vonnie, a concierge at the Grand Floridian. When the request for birthday candy for my dad slipped through the cracks Vonnie started calling around to see what happened. I told her that my father was leaving the next day, his actual birthday, and how disappointed we were that he didn't receive what we had ordered. Well, that afternoon Vonnie called me to say that she was going to attempt to have the birthday call from Goofy sent to his house phone. She said she didn't know if it would work out of the 407 area code but she would try. That night my Dad called to say that he had two different birthday greetings from Goofy on the machine when he returned home. What a special end of the day birthday treat it was for him. Thanks so much to Vonnie for saving the day!
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Quote Originally Posted by disneyveteran View Post
    My appreciation goes out to Vonnie, a concierge at the Grand Floridian. When the request for birthday candy for my dad slipped through the cracks Vonnie started calling around to see what happened. I told her that my father was leaving the next day, his actual birthday, and how disappointed we were that he didn't receive what we had ordered. Well, that afternoon Vonnie called me to say that she was going to attempt to have the birthday call from Goofy sent to his house phone. She said she didn't know if it would work out of the 407 area code but she would try. That night my Dad called to say that he had two different birthday greetings from Goofy on the machine when he returned home. What a special end of the day birthday treat it was for him. Thanks so much to Vonnie for saving the day!

That's a nice story Tina!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast