Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Thanks to Mariam and others at Haunted Mansion on 5/25/05 in the Cast Members forums; We just got back yesterday from our trip to WDW with my husband, who was able to come home from Iraq to visit and vacation (he leaves to go back ...
    Heffnertj is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks to Mariam and others at Haunted Mansion on 5/25/05

We just got back yesterday from our trip to WDW with my husband, who was able to come home from Iraq to visit and vacation (he leaves to go back tomorrow... )

Anyway, we rode the Haunted Mansion at the end of the day on Wednesday, May 25th. As my daughter and I boarded the buggy, my backpack knocked off the baby's shoe and we realized it was missing as the buggy carried us off into the mansion. I managed to quickly mention something to the CM standing there and didn't think it would be a big deal.

When we got off, we told the CM standing there our story (it was a different CM from before) and he took us to a small room to wait while they looked for it. After about 5 minutes, he came to tell us they hadn't found it but were still looking. He guided us to the benches outside the exit, and asked us to wait. While waiting, two CMs were returning to the Mansion and saw us sitting there. Mariam (the only name I can remember) said to the baby, "Your shoe is missing. We found one just like that inside the mansion! Let me go get it for you!"

They'd found the shoe and put it in the Lost and Found, not knowing we were still in the vicinity looking for it.

Thanks to Mariam and the others who helped. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but to us it was extra kind and helpful. THANKS!
    Tiffany
    Proud Army Wife and
    Disney Enthusiast (but learning more each day!)

Trips to WDW: 1980, 1997, 1998, 2002, 2005, hopefully Dec. 2007

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Awwwww, Tiff, I am so glad he was able to come home and the trip went well. Thank you for the sacrifices you are all making so that we all can enjoy our freedom.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)