Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Pirate Tutorial - My Sincere Apologies 12/26/2010 4pm in the Cast Members forums; It was a cold, cold day on December 26th, 2010. With Annual Passes in hand, we met my husband's brother, wife and 12 year old daughter at Magic Kingdom. Many ...
    TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Pirate Tutorial - My Sincere Apologies 12/26/2010 4pm

It was a cold, cold day on December 26th, 2010.

With Annual Passes in hand, we met my husband's brother, wife and 12 year old daughter at Magic Kingdom. Many rides, and meals and snacks later, we rode the Pirates of the Carribbean. We spent some time in the Pirates bazaar. I don't think I bought anything, I was looking for something for my sister's daughter who loves both Jacks.

We came out just in time to sit down for the Pirate Tutorial. Jack Sparrow, that's Captain Jack Sparrow was introduced, and he picked a few children from the small audience for the days lesson.

My five year old daughter was the first to be chosen, she hesitated, and Jack gestured to the young man next to her. That just happened to be the bump she needed, because she wasn't going to let big brother get up there!

With foam swords in hand, the new recruits were taught how to hit and strike and the ever important evasive maneuver. Well, Brittany, did her practice with Jack's associate, like, well, wild Ninja. No rhyme, no reason, no predictable pattern. He took it in stride when she struck him in the groin.

Jack's comments throughout the show with my daughter:
    "Sure, put a sword in her hand and she smiles."

At the end, they all lined up, and held up their swords, with Brittany standing next to Jack, he gently nudged the sword away, and took two steps back while saying, "I would watch out for this one."

Poor Jack. Upstaged by a 5 year old girl, and she enjoyed every minute of it!
    Both CM's Captain Sparrow, and the associate whose character name I cannot remember were very gracious.

I believe that was the 4pm show, because we all parted ways, and headed out as the temperature was starting to drop again, and the sun set soon thereafter.

But, I thank them for choosing her, and for the wonderful experience she had.

disneyscrapper is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Pirate Tutorial - My Sincere Apologies 12/26/2010 4pm

That story is too cute! Hope you got some video or pictures of that.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Imagining this story being told at her Wedding Reception.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Great story! It astounds me over and over the amount of memories that are made at WDW.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Great story and hopeyou got it on video.

TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Yes, I have it on video. My husband recorded it using his iPhone4G.
    Unfortunately, it is not on my computer at the moment, and it is too big to post. I have to get that one and the Jedi Training vids & pics on my computer, too.

@Haunted Gabe - I hope I can still REMEMBER it by the time she gets married! There is a reason people are supposed to have child in their mid-twenties. So, they can remember all the embarrassing moments when their children get married! I'm 44. I have had coworkers my age have grandchildren.
    Queue Beatles Music: We still need me, will you still feed me when I 64..
    Last edited by TammiKatt; 03-28-2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: add comment