Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Cast Member Appreciation Handout Cards in the Cast Members forums; Originally Posted by vixen101485 hmm good idea or...maybe a seperate sheet with that info on it sort of like a log in sheet so you don't lose all the little ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    hmm good idea or...maybe a seperate sheet with that info on it sort of like a log in sheet so you don't lose all the little cards...??????would the cards print out ok smaller so you get more per sheet and they are easier for the CM to stick in their pocket ..like a little smaller then credit card size
    They already are about the size of a credit card...I don't think you would want to go any smaller because of all the wording. I think it would make it difficult to read. They definitely are small enough for them to slip into their pocket without any problem.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I saw them when April printed them out for her trip and they really are the perfect size. I would probably give one out and use the back of another one for myself and put all the info on it so I would remember to write the thread when I came back.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ty for doing them...I haven't printed them yet so I guess they just look bigger then what they really are
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    when you bring up the PDF file it comes in at about 156%

if you size down to 100% you will see what it actually looks like when you print it

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I can't go any smaller then what they are, due to all the words. I carry a small notebook to the parks so I didn't think about how to record CM's names (plus I always remember all the details for some reason) I can make a sheet with "log cards" if you all want them, however it's going to be bit later this week...girls got to unpack and put away all her Stitches ya know!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    did you buy a haunted one?..lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    I can't go any smaller then what they are, due to all the words. I carry a small notebook to the parks so I didn't think about how to record CM's names (plus I always remember all the details for some reason) I can make a sheet with "log cards" if you all want them, however it's going to be bit later this week...girls got to unpack and put away all her Stitches ya know!
    April, I've already printed mine out and I think that they are PERFECT in size! As far as carrying a little notebook and remembering all the details....#1 with 2 kids under the age of five we already pretty much feel like pack mules with everything we have to stuff into fanny packs and backpacks! #2 I used to remember all kinds of stuff prior to having kids....now there are sometimes days I cannot remember my name! so....#3 would be extremely appreciative of some type of little log card to record info on (of course when you finished packing and have some extra time!)

I'm just glad that you have your luggage with you to unpack! Heard about your luggage situation...so glad that you didn't have to wait more than a day to receive it! Hope you had a wonderful trip and we are happy to have you back!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    April, what a cool idea!!! CM's always appreciate when a good job gets aknowledged!!
    Just a note, for the Disney Store. If a CM exceeds your expectations there let the manager know. We used to get 'Tigger Pins'. They were different colours and that represented how many guests had made comments. Green-5, Red-10 and so on. At WDW good deeds were reported in the Eyes and Ears CM newspaper.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW Donna
    April, what a cool idea!!! CM's always appreciate when a good job gets aknowledged!!
    Just a note, for the Disney Store. If a CM exceeds your expectations there let the manager know. We used to get 'Tigger Pins'. They were different colours and that represented how many guests had made comments. Green-5, Red-10 and so on. At WDW good deeds were reported in the Eyes and Ears CM newspaper.
    Don't know about the pins anymore. I think that has changed since Disney no longer owns them.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Don't know about the pins anymore. I think that has changed since Disney no longer owns them.

Yeah I worked at the Disney store in 92 and got a white pin for helping a customer pick out a watch. We use to wear them on our coustume. I haven't seen the pins since they change the on stage area as well as the new coustumes. I guess they have some other way now of letting cast members know what a good job they are doing. I think I will ask the next time at the Disney store.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Hey April, is this the same thread that we are going to use to post our comments on when we return from vacation or is there going to be another thread for that? Just curious and planning ahead!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    For each CM you are going to create a new thread in the CM Appreciation forum. The title of your thread should be the CM's name and visit day or something like that. If you poke around in this forum you can see what other people have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    For each CM you are going to create a new thread in the CM Appreciation forum. The title of your thread should be the CM's name and visit day or something like that. If you poke around in this forum you can see what other people have done.
    Okay! Thank you! I've been missing out! I'm off to read...

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    While I appreciate and understand the idea behind this, do you not think castmembers will be a bit freaked out to suddenly have these cards given to them, and then finding out that they will become the focus of an internet discussion? Just an opinion.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Every CM that I have told about this forum (and I have told A LOT) was flattered and loved thie idea.....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast