Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss TTC Ticket Window CM in the Cast Members forums; Again I have a story without a name. I really have to start remembering these names! My youngest brother came with me a couple weeks ago on my 2-day journey ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

TTC Ticket Window CM

Again I have a story without a name. I really have to start remembering these names!

My youngest brother came with me a couple weeks ago on my 2-day journey down from CT to Daytona Beach. His purpose for coming down was three-fold. First, I wanted someone to keep me company on my 2-day drive. 2nd, he was helping me move into my new apartment on the days that my roommate had to work and couldn't help. And 3rd... he hadn't been to WDW in many years.

I wanted to take him to ALL the parks, but seeing as we only had one day to spare, and my mom only gave me a limited amount of cash with which to feed/entertain him for the 6 days we were going to be together (including the Disney trip), I knew that buying a hopper pass was out of the question. It would be an additional $35 if I wanted to get him the hopper option on his one-day pass. It seemed silly to do so.

Once at the ticket window at the TTC, the woman working therein asked me where we were from. I told her that although we are both from CT, I reside in FL for part of the year due to school. She asked me if I would like to puchase my brother's ticket at the Florida Resident rate. I hadn't even bothered to ask for that treatment, because the website states that proof of Florida residency for each person would be required, and the ONLY form of ID I had on me for my brother was a copy of his CT birth cirtificate. I asked her if she could do that, seeing as he wasn't a FL resident, and she said something like "All I know is that you're a resident". Works for me!

So then I tried pushing my luck a bit, and asked if she was willing to give us the FL resident rate on the park hopper option. She agreed, and for a mere $6 more than what we would have paid originally, we got to see two parks that day instead of just one! My brother and I were both thrilled. It seems like almost everyone I encounter at Disney, from the parking lots to the ticket counters to the ride attendants to the housekeeping/janitorial staff... everyone seems like they want to go well out of their way to make sure you have a very memorable time.

I love Walt Disney World!!!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    That is AWESOME!
    I love it when they do that for ya!
    So - which parks did you hit?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Thats awesome that you were treated so well

That's great! My moto is that it never hurts to ask!!! The worst that can happen is that you hear the word "no", but on the bright side...the words you hear can end up making your day! So happy to hear that your day was made!!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    What a wonderful moment! I hope to have some stories like that soon!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    That's a neat thing that CM did for you. I am sure that's not the same CM at the TTC who tried to charge the DW and I $11 more per AP last year since we bought them from CRO in December 2003 and didn't activate until April after the price increase in January. However, a supervisor CM made the correction (no additional charge), but the APs were still marked as "upgraded".
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    That is AWESOME!
    I love it when they do that for ya!
    So - which parks did you hit?
    We spent most of the day at the Magic Kingdom, as planned, but after the 3:00 Share a Dream Come True Parade, we monorailed over to EPCOT, hit up Mission: Space and Soarin' (the new rides my bro hadn't seen yet), and then bussed back to MK (the monorails had a communications problem) to finish up there and see Wishes, which was another show which wasn't in WDW during his last visit.

And I ran into Lisa (JLTraveling) and her dad while I was at the MK that day too... how funny! It's one thing to make plans to meet someone at the parks, but when you just start running into other Disney fans unexpectedly, it's like a whole new kind of magic. Love it!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...