Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss The Gang at Crystal Palace 9-11-05 2:30 pm in the Cast Members forums; So, most of you know that we can almost never afford to eat in the restaurants at WDW and even if we could, MJ makes it difficult at best to ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

The Gang at Crystal Palace 9-11-05 2:30 pm

So, most of you know that we can almost never afford to eat in the restaurants at WDW and even if we could, MJ makes it difficult at best to do, sometimes impossible. We got to MK Sunday morning to meet MainstreetUSA and TalkingHands (Don and Lisa) We roll up to the Expo Hall and meet them (it was great seeing Don after a long summer) and Lisa gets this smile on her face and says "I'm taking you all to lunch!" ........"at the Crystal Palace" Wow!! I stammered, asked Don if he could afford to do that with us, and Lisa says, "No, I am taking you ALL to lunch" What a neat gift!

We got there, I have never been to a character anything, so I didn't know what to expect. They seated us close to the buffet so that Lisa and I didn't have far to walk (she and I are both in wheelchairs) the chef came out and took us around the buffet and told us what we could and couldn't eat (Lisa and I both have extensive food allergies) Tigger came over to meet MJ, her first glance of Piglet was priceless....here is where things start to change....

For those who have never been to CP before...every so often, this music comes on, the characters come out and they invite the kids to join them in a parade around the restaurant. MJ wanted so much to join the parade, but couldn't because her wheelchair can't fit in and around all the tables and chairs. I went to the manager and asked if it would be possible for the characters to parade around the middle of the lobby once so that MJ oculd join them. Regina said, "hold on, let me see what I can do, but it may not happen for an hour or so" a few minutes later, Regina and Tigger come out to MJ and ask her if she will help lead the parade. Tigger takes MJ's hand, daddy pushes (Mommy CRIES) and off they go. The characters just fawned over her and loved her up soooo much. She was in heaven (Can you believe that she has only been willing to do characters for a few weeks?) We had all three cameras going (Mine, Don's and Lisa's) After the parade ended she got a pic with all 4 of the gang! Later on they had her be in another parade with them and they gave her two magical moments certificates signed by all! It was just amazing!

Regina, Cory and everyone else who was a part of this, thank you for letting MJ be normal even if it was only for a little while, you'll never know how much that means to us!!!!!

Nana Lisa, Thank you for everything!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

PS: Pics are at her Blog!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

What a great story! So happy to hear that MJ is starting to love the interaction with the characters!!!! Now I need to go and look at the pictures!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow. Awesome story. I love the spirit at the Crystal Palace, just great for kids and...of course us big kids at heart!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    It really was amazing how accomodating everyone was to the entire group. Right from the start, our priority seating reservations were made for the wrong number of chairs and wheelchairs at our table, and i feared that with the wheelchairs and MJ's problems and everything else, that this whole meal might turn out to be a series of hassles. I was so wrong. They fixed the chair thing within minutes, and we were given a table near the buffet, just like we asked for. And then with the chef coming out to help Bonny and Lisa, and the way the coordinators and characters all just swooned over MJ and our whole table for that matter, it was really, really obvious that they were putting their whole heart into making sure that our moment was a very magical one. And on a non-Cast Member note, how about that amazing little boy who brought over a piece of his birthday cake? How sweet was that?

My best memory of the entire meal, however, was just after MJ got to lead her first parade, and all four characters were cuddling up to her and sharing kisses and hugs, MJ looked up to her mommy with the biggest smile i've ever seen on that tiny girl, and said "Happy". All the characters clapped, and I melted.

PS: I have pics too, but I'm on a school computer right now. I'll put them up later this afternoon or this evening. Check back at this thread for them.

PPS: Lisa, you left before I realized you were gone, and i didn't get the chance to thank you once more... but thank you SO MUCH for the lunch. I'm pretty certain that's the best I've ever eaten at the MK. You're a blessing!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    What a heartwarming story! I really am speechless.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Awesome story Bonny

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

I made these clickable thumbnails so Uncle Lou wont get on me about hogging up too much bandwidth.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that third pic there was when MJ said "Happy." Either way, that definitely needs to get added to the family photo album. Everyone's in it!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Okay, I'm crying now.
    They call me "Nana"

OH MAN!! Me too! great pics Don, brought it all rushing back...it is just amazing when MJ gets to be 'normal'

Awesome photos Don! Thanks so much for sharing! It is so great to see MJ enjoying the characters! You've come a long way baby!!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    These are soooo cute. Way to go princess

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks for sharing your special story - I'm crying too. This reminds me that the magic of Disney may be found in rides, architecture, and parades, but most of all in the cast members' and characters' hearts.
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Awsome story! See what I always say, cast members are not the only ones who can make magical moments at WDW!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Love the pictures! What a cheery place that is!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!