Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss one magical experience in the Cast Members forums; I was 13yr old at the time we went with my parents my sister who was 12 has a degenerative eye diesese she can and will lose her site eventually ...
    momtimesone is offline A-Ticket holder

one magical experience

I was 13yr old at the time we went with my parents my sister who was 12 has a degenerative eye diesese she can and will lose her site eventually im now 26 and sis is 25 and we still to this day remember our first trip to disney world way back when. My sis was about to have a major eye surgury to forstall the diesese and when we where on the monorail sitting up front my sister begain to cry as it was the last day of our trip and the following day she was sceduled for surgury her first of 17 operations as my mom was trying her hardest to cheer her up the monorail driver oveheard us and struck up a convo with mom about my sis and what was making her so sad he then let her up front with him to see how they drive them and later after mom and sis got off he asked if there was anything he could do my mom said thanks but you have done enough ,my sister for that one moment forgot her troubles and was smiling at him when we left for our hotel but mom did give him our home address as he told mom he would like to keep in touch which mom being an awesome women said sure. when getting home from are trip sis had her operation and things where well she came home and low and behold a package was delivered to the house for my little sis she opened it slowly while we watched, the package was big square and we where curious and my mom started crying as sis was smiling it was a full size poster of the magic kingdom with signed autographs from every single cast member in the park from goofy to pluto to cinderella and even the behind the scenes peaple all wishing her the best. She still has no idea when she will completly lose her sight but everynight she prays and then smiles because on her wall hangs that poster in its frame and she remembers the driver and everyone on our first trip to disney world he even wrote her on her birthdays and such always with kind words and all they became pen pals she saved all the letters and everything and Now we are going back with my son in july 06 for one more look at the magic kingdom me my sis and now my son
    Last edited by momtimesone; 09-28-2005 at 01:21 PM.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    That was such a beautiful story! I was so happy reading it and knowing that there are such good people in the world. I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip and hopefully he'll still be there and you'll get to see him.

What a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing with us. I'm sure that you and your Sister will have a great time sharing the magic with your Son!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Wouldn't it be so cool if that guy was still there?!

Oh the stories....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

momtimesone is offline A-Ticket holder
    from all the post cards he has sent all from disney world he wrote to her for 5yrs then they lost track as he said he was in school at the time to become a marine biologist and last she has heard was that he was at sea world but he did give her his address to write to him whenever she needs him . I looked at the poster again and with wonder every single signature is there with messages like get well soon and i hope all is well and the postcards he did send are all in order so they tell a story of a great man who showed us what it is a disney that keeps peaple coming back for yrs to come who knows mabye just mabye we might be able to track him down and say all is well at the moment as the diesese is in remmision at the moment. And we cant wait to go 7 days of wonder staying in the pop century resort this will be my first trip with my son and her all on our own we are a little nevous but who doesnt get that way or get excited about going to disneyworld. IF i could post a pic in here of the poster i would but have no clue how to this is my first time on this site and so far im in love with it , Maybe if we do find him i will post another message all about the meeting with the one person who made the trip for her so memorable

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Great story thanks for sharing. This is what the magic of Disney is all about.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Pretty cool...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney