Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Great Waiter at Calfornia Grill in the Cast Members forums; On Monday October 17th we ate for the first time at California Grill. We were fortunate enough to have Andy for a waiter. (although at the time he was wearing ...
    kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great Waiter at Calfornia Grill

On Monday October 17th we ate for the first time at California Grill. We were fortunate enough to have Andy for a waiter. (although at the time he was wearing the name Bert ..long story). When we had looked at the menu for a bit, we realized we had some questions. Andy returned, so we asked what he would recommend. Now one of my boyfriend's pet peeves is a waiter or waitress who cannot answer this question. Not only did Andy have several different ideas for us, but he knelt down next to our table to go over every item he would recommend, but he commented on the ones we had questions about. Furthermore, he went through everything very slowly, and explained ingredients and how each item is prepared. During our meal, he would come by and see how everything was and make polite conversation without being interruptive. At the end of the night as we were leaving, he thanked us for coming and shook our hands even though we had just met. He was so kind to us that I kicked myself for forgetting to bring the CM Appreciation cards. But I am going to write the manager of CG a letter to say how great Andy was, and include one.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

That's great! And it is so wonderful that you are going to write a note. People tend to write notes for bad experiences so quickly, it's sad that the good deeds so often go un noticed. I am the opposite...I tend to write the good notes! I did the same thing when we returned from our June trip and received a phone call from WDW. They just expressed their thanks for bringing our good CM experiences to their attention and that each individual CM's manager would be getting a copy of my letter. It just takes a moment and a few kind words to makes someones day!

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree that's why I do it. Working in retail I know firsthand how many more people complain then compliment. I write WDW a letter every year after my trip to let them know how my trip was. I dont tell hesitate to tell them if anything bad happened either. And every year within a month or so I get a phone call from someone who works in the corporate offices. I havent done it yet for this year, but I will. I am sending a separate letter to CFG since my boyfriend found a card with the manager's name on it. I have been sending emails to WDW for each trip i have been on since 2001. So if you think Disney doesn't care what you have to say, you're wrong because I get a call every year about the email letter I send. It may take awhile for them to get back to you, but they do.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009