Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss Great Bus Driver in the Cast Members forums; Yes, believe it or not I said Great Bus Driver! We went to D.D. to finish shopping on our last night in WDW (Oct 22nd), and had a great bus ...
    kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great Bus Driver

Yes, believe it or not I said Great Bus Driver! We went to D.D. to finish shopping on our last night in WDW (Oct 22nd), and had a great bus driver take us back to AKL. Her name was Donna, short curly blonde hair, heavy set, funny as all get out! When my DB and I got on the bus at D.D. M.P. it was us and her. So she began telling us stories of the wacky things people have said to her over the years. For example(these are some of the things people have asked her)

"I took a monorail to MGM, how come I have to take a bus back?"

"Last time I was in WDW, there was a monorail to MGM, where did it go?"

Now some of you know that at D.D. AKL and Coronado share the same stop number. Donna said she will pull up to the stop, the signs will say ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE, she will ask before leaving the stop if everyone is going to AKL, and yet after she passes the Coronado, someone always yells out "Hey why didnt you stop at the Coronado!"

Actually as a joke another guy on the bus (who got on at Pleasure Island) yelled out "Hey what about the Coronado?" as we passed it; and Donna was laughing hysterically. As were the rest of us.

So if you board a bus with Donna and are bound for AKL..make sure to ask about the Coronado..LOL
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    I've had a goodd bus driver too, just can't remember his name.
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling