Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Cast Member Appreciation Discuss CM Drew on the Jungle Cruise, evening of 12/3/2005 in the Cast Members forums; Yeah, this one is waaay overdue, but it was one of those posts I said I'd get around to, but just didn't have time for before I left for CT ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

CM Drew on the Jungle Cruise, evening of 12/3/2005

Yeah, this one is waaay overdue, but it was one of those posts I said I'd get around to, but just didn't have time for before I left for CT in December. Now that I'm back, I figured I'd better make good on this.

Well, I'd just like to extend some congratulatory thanks to an incredible JC skipper named Drew (he was wearing a name tag that night that read "Sol", but we found out his real name from another JC Cast Member). Being that the JC is one of my favorite attractions (I love bad, bad, one-line puns ), I've ridden it many times with many different skippers. Not all were great... admittedly, some were just a complete let down. But more often than not, my JC skippers have rocked the boat. Drew was probably the best example of the latter I have ever had the pleasure of sailing with. He had many of the same old recycled jokes you hear from them all, but had a ton more that I'd never heard of before. The puns started well before we were all even on the boat, and didn't end until we were all off. A couple of favorites I remember from this trip happened during loading and docking:

Drew: Our boat here's already getting quite full, but they [referring to the other CMs loading guests onto the boat] just keep loading more on, and more on, and more on, and more on... (Say it outload to yourself if you aren't laughing yet.) Do you know what that makes them?
    We guests: Morons?!?!
    Drew: No!... Efficient loaders! [turns to CMs on dock] You guys hear what they just called you?!?

And then just before docking...
    Drew: We will be securing this boat with rope, so you may notice a couple of jerks as we pull up to the dock. But don't worry about them, they're just doing their job [motioning towards the CMs on the dock holding the lines].

Sigh... I've never laughed so hard on a JC Cruise before. Loved it. If any of you ever get a chance to take a cruise with Drew, I very highly recommend him.

And Drew, if you ever get around to reading this... awesome job, Buddy!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Drew is awesome we love him! He lives in our new apartment complex....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    LMAO!! That's awesome!!! I'm laughing so hard I have tears. I swear! DID YOU HEAR WHAT THEY JUST CALLED YOU?!?!!? THATS HILARIOUS!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!